HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My NFA transfer for a DLO trigger box in 2+ month in to the process. Was looking over my application and under 4c. (caliber gauge or size) it is listed as “N/A” I am summing that I will be able to use it with any caliber 22lr, 9mm, 40ACP, 223, 308. Am I correct on this?
If I can use it with 22lr is there a conversion kin for mp5 / K so I can use 22LR in full auto? Could 22lr upper be made to work with my trigger pack or sear? I would think a few ppl would be interested in it if any gun smith in here could make one.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
They do make .22 conversions for the 5 and K. They are VERY expensive. And rare. Last one I saw was like $1100.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
My NFA transfer for a DLO trigger box in 2+ month in to the process. Was looking over my application and under 4c. (caliber gauge or size) it is listed as “N/A” I am summing that I will be able to use it with any caliber 22lr, 9mm, 40ACP, 223, 308. Am I correct on this?
yes

The only reasonably priced .22 conversions are for the HK91/G3. You'll find after a few hundred rounds things get very dirty and reliability starts to drop. Rimfire is not well know for being a clean shooting cartridge.

·
Premium Member
1,737 Posts
Could .22 clone conversion be made now? I have not seen one for mp5 for sale.
Yes, but likely not for what a GSG, or HK-clone .22 would sell for.... and you'll sell a lot more dedicated .22's at $500 than a conversion kit for a $2500+ H&K clone.

Sear + a few hosts and you're easily in for almost $20k in todays dollars. Generally people who drop that kind of cash aren't that interested in $30 in ammo vs. $300 for the day.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dirty and unreliable is perfect for rande training with jamming and at 10% of 9mm and 5% of 223 it is as good as it gets

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sear + a few hosts and you're easily in for almost $20k in todays dollars. Generally people who drop that kind of cash aren't that interested in $30 in ammo vs. $300 for the day.
I am 20k into a DLO box and Sp89 w German navy. But at 900rpm mp5k with 9mm is $200/ min

·
Registered
724 Posts
They do make .22 conversions for the 5 and K. They are VERY expensive. And rare. Last one I saw was like $1100.

FYI:

HK MP5 .22lr Kit (short barrel is for my MP5SD)

HK 33 .22lr Kit

Both are select fire capable. And, yes they are expensive, but cool.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
FYI:

HK MP5 .22lr Kit (short barrel is for my MP5SD)

HK 33 .22lr Kit

Both are select fire capable. And, yes they are expensive, but cool.
Absolutely very cool. I agree 100%. Nice examples!

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
So cool. But i naver seen one for sale :( What do u think it would cost to make one?
More than it would cost to buy one... and they are running well over a thousand Quatloos. Nothing as cheap as the 308 kits... not even close. years ago they were over $1000... I can't imagine what they would cost in 2012 dollahs.

·
Registered
3,872 Posts
More than it would cost to buy one... and they are running well over a thousand Quatloos. Nothing as cheap as the 308 kits... not even close. years ago they were over $1000... I can't imagine what they would cost in 2012 dollahs.
Someone here had a k and standard 5 set for sale last year shattered. I think it was $1200 for the k kit and $1000 for the 5 set. If I remember correctly, it sat here a while.

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
From what I see in old posts 22 kits are not any good for FA and I can get GSG for SA
Ummm, not really, Mang. The 308 22 kits are the bomb, especially for FA 22. They're actually much better behaved than a FA 10-22 or American 180.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
Thanks for posting that video GEBEGPRS. That setup is next on my list for another sear host. Shooting full auto .22 suppressed is all smiles. I have had an Uzi, mini Uzi, then an M16 adapted for .22 and none of them ran reliably but when I got a good mag full through, it was so fun. Everything I have read the HK G3 kit should be much better. The other benefit is you get a fire breather in .308 with a 51 or 51K without the kit.

·
Registered
342 Posts
as shattered said the hkg3/91/51 .22 conversions are the most reliable and durable of all .22 f/a out there; i have proved that personally. they are the best especially with the am180 drum adapters that lets you use 165-275 rnd drums of .22 in the gun. the mp5 .22 kits are over $2000 right now when you can find one. i have never had a problem with any of the hk .22 kits being reliable or durable. there are a couple of guys on this site that are working on .22 conversions that will run f/a for the mp5 and the hk 93/53/33 series. costs? have to wait and see what we and others can produce them for. i can run about 1000 rnds f/a thru my hk51 with .22 conversioin at 165 rnd drum dumps at a time before i begin to get enough crud to effect 100% reliability.

·
Registered
1,836 Posts
The G3 22lr kits do run very nice, but it still makes for a very heavy 22 rifle. Has anyone heard any updates on Todd's 9mm receiver based 22lr design? A 9mm receiver based 22lr that would take the GSG mags and drums, would obviously sell very well to the sear community.

·
Registered
177 Posts
What is stopping someone from creating a US made MP5/K/94 .22lr conversion? The market is there. Is it some kind of patent issue?

1 - 20 of 51 Posts