HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,875 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A common lament is that full auto is inherently inaccurate. A "spray and pray" mode that is inefficient and ineffective. And, of course, the MP5 has faded from favor in many agencies and departments. Not sure I buy in to this common wisdom...

·
Banned
2,002 Posts
A common lament is that full auto is inherently inaccurate. A "spray and pray" mode that is inefficient and ineffective. And, of course, the MP5 has faded from favor in many agencies and departments. Not sure I buy in to this common wisdom...

I think they are both dead!!

·
Premium Member
3,685 Posts
It all depends do what people mean by "full auto". In the context of the video, what I see is the gun being operated in bursts, which is how it should be used. It would be a little more spray and pray if it were a single burst full mag dump.

·
Premium Member
105 Posts
It all depends do what people mean by "full auto". In the context of the video, what I see is the gun being operated in bursts, which is how it should be used. It would be a little more spray and pray if it were a single burst full mag dump.
I guess you could also say its full auto until you're off target, hence bursts.

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
I noticed that the bursts pushed the gun back, but not up. I have not had the privilege of shooting a full auto MP5. Does the limited recoil of the 9mm round (as opposed to a 5.56 or 7.62 for example), make it easier to hold on target, or did the fellow in the video have really strong arms?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts