HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
40 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an HK94 that I have my form one to SBR. Inaddition to the SBR I was going to get a paddle mag release installed. I know that the bolt has to be altered for the sear pack that I hope to eventually acquire. What other modifications can I get/should I get at this time to cut down what I will need to do in the future? I do not have the registered sear pack or the form so I want to be sure that any modifications are compliant with the law.

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
I have an HK94 that I have my form one to SBR. Inaddition to the SBR I was going to get a paddle mag release installed. I know that the bolt has to be altered for the sear pack that I hope to eventually acquire. What other modifications can I get/should I get at this time to cut down what I will need to do in the future? I do not have the registered sear pack or the form so I want to be sure that any modifications are compliant with the law.
The bolt carrier is just a parts swap and can be done at any time. If you want to prepare it for an eventual reg sear, then while you're getting the barrel replaced (or cut down if you're going that route), have them install the paddle mag, and remark it "MP5".

The bolt carrier you can add at any time, whenever you get your reg. sear.

·
Registered
124 Posts
What modification is required to the bolt for the sear pack to work ?

Thanks Paul
The bolt carrier needs to have an extra notch on the bottom of it, so it can engage the sear trip. A good hk smith can put one on for you, or you could just buy a full auto carrier.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
Save a few dollars

As I recall.... a FA gun can also be a SBR with no extra fee from the ATF.

If you are going to purchase your sear.... do it before getting the modification of the barrel and save $200 by not having to register the SBR.

Unless you want to have the versatility.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,552 Posts
At the risk of stating the obvious... buy bullets. Lot's of 'em. Unless you are going to just stare at the gun, you'll want to shoot it. And an MP5 goes through bullets pretty darn fast. Ammo prices are only going up, so stock piling ammo might be a very prudent full auto preparation!

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
I ran 700 rds through mine this afternoon.You need ammo!!

·
Registered
120 Posts
I ran 700 rds through mine this afternoon.You need ammo!!
LOL! I did the same last Friday, I think I was there about an hour... Walther P22/Pilot, MP5, MP5K-PDW/Evo9 , MP5 SD, and V51 SBR... Had to use the suppressors to warm up the hands, it was so cold...

Buy LOTS of ammo!!

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
As I recall.... a FA gun can also be a SBR with no extra fee from the ATF.

If you are going to purchase your sear.... do it before getting the modification of the barrel and save $200 by not having to register the SBR.

Unless you want to have the versatility.
Not only is there no extra fee, it doesn't even have to be registered as an SBR as long as the sear is in it. But if you want to use the sear pack on another gun, then it does need to be SBR'd.

I didn't at first, but now I have SBR'd mine so I can take it and something else like a G3 out at the same time and just swap the pack around.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts