1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
44 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)

·
Registered
224 Posts
From what I understand, the trigger pack w/ a gun that fits would get you in serious trouble. I would stay away unless you plan on making it semi for a semi gun.

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
Oh man... serious bad Ju-Ju. That's a ready to go full auto setup with no paperwork... for an MP5/clone. The value? 20 years vacation at Club Fed and $250K (?) fine? I'm going to stay so far away from that that I'm not even going to email the dope.

·
Registered
77 Posts
the ad discribes the pack as being sold for spares.
Couldn't someone buy this to fill out a registered trigger pack or to keep as spares?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
Exactly. It would have to be cut out alot more than that to fit over the shelf. So much so that the front pin has to be moved like on the semi packs. Right? GARY N4KVE
Nope - ATF only specifies a cut that far back to take out the auto catch hole. This pack will fit a semi shelf and if it wasn't registered, it is contraband. You can refer to Shattered's post for all the "benefits" of possessing it!

·
Registered
123 Posts
I'm confused. What cut are you guys talking about? It just looks like a stock F/A SEF Box to me from his photos. You can buy those all day long on CTD with a plastic SEF housing for $60. I'm guessing someone bought it for the plastic housing so they could clip and pin it for a semi-auto, and now they are just getting rid of the worthless (to them) F/A parts and box.

·
Merchant of Death (Admin)
11,753 Posts
The front of the metal "cage" has been notched. This is a no no unless you have been given the official okey dokey from ATF.

·
Registered
961 Posts
By cutting the shelf relief he made it post sample and I'm sure there's no serial number on it either...

·
Registered
123 Posts

·
Registered
10,251 Posts

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
I'm confused. What cut are you guys talking about? It just looks like a stock F/A SEF Box to me from his photos. You can buy those all day long on CTD with a plastic SEF housing for $60. I'm guessing someone bought it for the plastic housing so they could clip and pin it for a semi-auto, and now they are just getting rid of the worthless (to them) F/A parts and box.
Look a bit closer to the bottom front of the trigger box... see dat notch? Not supposed to be there. No notch at all. That looks perilously close to somebody had made an illegal HK firearm and now is trying to "off" the illegal part.

·
Registered
10,251 Posts
I'm pretty sure they all come notched like that from the factory. I don't think that F/A box has been modified at all, nor do I think you could get it to fit a S/A receiver with a shelf without more modification. Every F/A pack I have ever seen has the small notch at the front.
You need to look again at the pack for sale and the pics you yourself posted. It's plain as day somebody notched the front of that trigger pack. As it sits right now, that's a full auto pack that will fit AND WORK on any semi shelf gun.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Hmmm. Perhaps you're right. I just can't believe anyone would be that stupid, but I am now convinced that notch at the front was cut, and isn't the notch I'm used to seeing -- think the angle of his photos threw me for a second.

·
Registered
961 Posts
Hmmm. Perhaps you're right. I just can't believe anyone would be that stupid, but I am now convinced that notch at the front was cut, and isn't the notch I'm used to seeing -- think the angle of his photos threw me for a second.
Not perhaps but so. Remember, you can't blame him for his mistake when you were sure only a few posts above it was an un modified pack....

·
Registered
123 Posts
Sure you can. He has the part in his hand. I'm looking at it from over 1,000 miles away in some photos he likely snapped with his cell phone. I usually start from the stand point of giving people the benefit of the doubt. You know, that whole innocent until proven guilty thing. After carefully looking at the photos again, especially the second and the fourth photos, you can see in the fourth where the cut was made because there is no finish in that spot. I'm convinced it was cut. I don't know if he cut it or not, but he's in possession of it.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts