HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I will finally be taking my ccw class next month but i cant find a good concealed holster for my full size usp. any suggestions?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Before I answer I will just say that holster recommendations are very user biased. Anyone who has been shooting for an extended period of time has amassed the ubiquitous shoebox full of holsters based on "opinions" of others.

With that disclaimer out of the way I will say this. I have found MY perfect holster to conceal that exact firearm to be a Crossbreed Super-Tuck deluxe. It siply replaced all of my other holsters and it has been predominatley all I have bought for that purpose for my other firearms that I own and have carried in the past. It is rediculously comfortable to me, the cant can be adjusted easily, and it also fits my USP45T as WELL as my USP45C so it kind of serves its purpose 3 times over. My full size pistols conceal nicely with little effort and the holster made me carry more simply because of that and the fact that they are so comfortable.

I will tell you that their founder/creator just unfortunatly passed away last weekend unexpectadly so they are not taking phone orders this week in respect to that as stated by another memeber today. Lead time is usually about 2 weeks under normal circumstances but mine have historically taken about 4-5 days to arrive to me in OH.

Regardless of what holster you choose, take my advise and get an actual gun belt. You can imagine the difference they make especially if you are planning on carrying a full size .45. I have carried both ways and trust me when I say you dont know what a difference it makes until you try it.

Hope this helps brother and good luck in your class. One last little parting statement: Dont let your training end at the state madated CCW class. they are a joke and do little to prepare you for the responsibilities of carrying concealed. I didnt know how much I didnt know until I started reading and taking classes afterwards. CCW is a right, but it is also a lifestyle choice and with that choice comes the responsibility to educate yourself. The whole story, "I have been shooting since I was a little kid" just does not apply here. Take it from me its a whole different animal!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the advice Tater. I dont intend on stopping after the class, I need to learn all the laws for my state (NV) becasue from what i hear, they dont allow neglegance of the law as an excuse for gun carriers. Plus like i said, family in other states means knowing their laws too. I do have an OC holster already from uncle mike's that an Army buddy gave me, but i would rather have it concealed.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Good to go brother. Sounds like you have this well thought out and thats refreshing! I wasnt trying to be all "Grandpa know it all" on yah, its jsut a lot of folks are getting CCW's in my neck of the woods but never go to the range and practice, never get other training, and quite honestly dont seem to even care! It is getting to the point that I worry more about one of these folks than the actual baddies on my daily runs!

Good luck and I forgot to say Welcome!!! Its great here and I have learned so much. We also have a great CCW section in the Premium members section if you get a membership. Stick around and see how you like it and then seriously think about being a member.

Good luck man!

·
Registered
41 Posts
Completely agree with the advice from Tater 217 on the holster and belt. I use the IWB Crossbreed Super Tuck deluxe for my 1911 and carry it daily. I also like their IWB mag holders. Also second the gun belt advice..
Sad to hear of the passing of the company founder and hope they continue to do business. If I remember correctly these holsters are made to order. Something else to consider, which is similar, but better on pricing is "The Reaper" IWB holster from Hardshoot. I am waiting for one for my glock, but from pictures thus far the quality looks similar to the crossbreed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts