HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at putting a fullsize hammer on my USPc 45, replacing the bobbed hammer. I know some of the guys on here have done this and was just wondering how it has worked out for them and where did they get the hammers at. I have a local gun shop in town that has an HK armorer that can do it for cheap. Let me know guys, thanks.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Your best bet is to put up a want ad here. That's where I've bought all my hammers for my Compacts. Wouldn't go any other way either. The fullsized hammer is so much better on the compact than the bobbed IMHO.

·
Registered
295 Posts
Same here. Buy a Match trigger kit or buy a CDNN hammer for 10 bucks. For 10 bucks you won't regret it even if you go back to a bobbed hammer. Even my CCW has the non bobbed hammer...

Be Safe
Gayle

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
CDNN has the standard hammer for $10. Even with $10 shipping that is well below the normal MSRP of the HK V1,3,9 hammer.
USP hammer (also fits Compact)

·
Registered
31 Posts
Can the hammer be changed without changing anything else? Or does the trigger have to be changed too?

WHat do gunsmiths normally charge for this?

·
Premium Member
425 Posts
I put in the hammer from a Match Kit ~ it worked great. It actually improved the pull too.

·
Registered
2,784 Posts
Just the hammer can be installed. There likely will not be any adjustments that need to be made but with tolerance stacking anything is possible. I'd try it first then if it needs to be tweaked then I would have HK look at it.

·
Registered
158 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the heads up all. I think that I will order one next week and give it a try. I use the USPc for an off duty gun and would like to just try something different with it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts