HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 81 Posts

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I wasn't sure where else to put this - just wanted to share some pics I shot this morning of a little German family. I finally have them both set up pretty much the way I had envisioned.

IMG_5206.jpg IMG_5208.jpg IMG_5207.jpg

I'd love to see this become a thread where others post quality pictures of their completed SP builds - please share!! :)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Tag for later

Currently have the SP5, KAC Ras, Suppressor, and B&T stock (not yet installed)

Will be sending it off for remark and refinish next week then applying for the SBR.

·
Sheepdog in West Texas
1,797 Posts
Here is SP5k, dressed up...

SP5k with brace and RDS 4b.jpg

Has a botach ultra low mount - which has a Sig Sauer Romeo 5 RDS plus the SBtactical brace - very nice package and handles well

Reactions: TLOU_Joel

·
Registered
565 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Nice family pic. Can you list the furniture on them? TIA. I like the rails and optic mount for the K.
SP5K:
- B&T rail, part #BT-21573, + Arisaka finger stop
- B&T low mount, long version, part #BT-21241
- Scalarworks LEAP 1.57" mount for Aimpoint T2. (I actually found that there's not nearly enough clearance for the "wheel" on the Scalarworks mount for it to sit flush on the B&T mount, so I had to dremel out a big chunk of the metal on the B&T mount for it to fit. The upside is that I can easily use the iron sights with the Scalarworks mount, without removing the Aimpoint.)
- Safety Harbor KES with Gear Head Works Tailhook brace attached
- SilencerCo Omega 9K with the newer version of their tri-lug mount

SP5:
- KAC RAS rail
- MFI long low profile optic mount (provides enough clearance for the EoTech)
- B&T folding stock/extension, with the stock removed and replaced with the Tommy Built UMP brace
- AAC Ti-Rant 9 with tri-lug mount

·
Priest of the P7
5,034 Posts

·
Banned
34,557 Posts

·
Registered
230 Posts
Here’s the thing- I am all about Gucci-ing out my ARs, but I don’t know, something about the classic look of the SP5/k, just make me want to keep them classic. When I first got my SP5K, I bought just about every accessory out there. Pictured below was the set up I had for a while:
MI rail,
Red dot rear sight mount with Holosun 507c
QD mlock Mount
Finger stop
Surefire 300 scout light with mlok Mount
KAS TAILHOOK MOD 1C
Etc etc

However, about a month ago, I took it all off, and went back to as classic of a look as I could, see second picture of my HK family with red background. Yeah, if I was going to use it as a primary home defense weapon, I would probably put a lot of it back on, but with just the Tailhook and diopter drum added, it is a very functional weapon that retains its classic lines. And trust me, I am not some grumpy old man with only wood stocked bolt actions . . . No offense to grumpy old men, I VERY MUCH want to be one some day ;-)
F52F3685-9EAD-42FB-9956-DEBD1C6848D5.jpeg
46044C9D-2D06-447C-9B83-CEDEE9965C88.jpeg

Attachments

·
Banned
34,557 Posts
Here’s the thing- I am all about Gucci-ing out my ARs, but I don’t know, something about the classic look of the SP5/k, just make me want to keep them classic. When I first got my SP5K, I bought just about every accessory out there. Pictured below was the set up I had for a while:
MI rail,
Red dot rear sight mount with Holosun 507c
QD mlock Mount
Finger stop
Surefire 300 scout light with mlok Mount
KAS TAILHOOK MOD 1C
Etc etc

However, about a month ago, I took it all off, and went back to as classic of a look as I could, see second picture of my HK family with red background. Yeah, if I was going to use it as a primary home defense weapon, I would probably put a lot of it back on, but with just the Tailhook and diopter drum added, it is a very functional weapon that retains its classic lines. And trust me, I am not some grumpy old man with only wood stocked bolt actions . . . No offense to grumpy old men, I VERY MUCH want to be one some day ;-)
View attachment 269116
View attachment 269112
Sweet collection!!! :wink:

Tony

·
Registered
2,463 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
how are you liking that b&t retractable stock? i think i'll get one...i'm loving how it looks:)
Thanks. I love the stock it gives it a cool look and make it very compact. It’s very well made. It was more that I wanted to spend but I couldn’t resist.

1 - 20 of 81 Posts