HKPRO Forums banner

41 - 60 of 80 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Your setups look great! Which rail and hight Scalarworks is on your K?

Thanks Jon
Thanks! See post #5 for my detailed description.

I like the Scalarworks Aimpoint mount, which allows the use of the irons. If I did it again, I think I would just get the MFI mount for both, since the B&T doesn't give enough clearance without basically destroying it. Not sure whether or not the two are approximately the same height, or if the B&T might be a little shorter. It's a relatively upright head position (nothing extreme) with both of my setups, but I like it that way.

·
Registered
223 Posts
TLOU Joel, how is the LOP on the Tommy Built UMP brace compared to the normal B&T UMP stock? Exactly the same or is the Tommy Built a little bit longer?

SP5:
- B&T folding stock/extension, with the stock removed and replaced with the Tommy Built UMP brace

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
TLOU Joel, how is the LOP on the Tommy Built UMP brace compared to the normal B&T UMP stock? Exactly the same or is the Tommy Built a little bit longer?

SP5:
- B&T folding stock/extension, with the stock removed and replaced with the Tommy Built UMP brace
I just pulled out both to compare - the Tommy Built appears to be veeeeeery slightly longer (maybe a quarter of an inch), but it's not enough to matter. The end of the B&T stock has some 'ridges' for texture at the end and almost an imperceptible curvature. The TB brace is straight at the end, without curves or ridges, and is a little bit taller, providing a little bit more surface area if fired from the shoulder. The overall texture of the B&T is a smooth plastic (a little bit "slick"), whereas the TB has a bit of texture to it that I actually like.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I may have to get a TB brace to try on my SP5K. Not sure if it's adaptable with the SB Tactical folding hinge section.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Thanks!

I got mine a year or two ago, when they were still not too difficult to find. A quick google search shows it might still be in stock here: AAC TRIAD 3 LUG ADAPTER FOR TI-RANT

Or here: https://www.tntgear.com/catalog/product-detail.php?ID=99
Don't mean to go off topic in this thread, but has anyone ever ordered from TNTGear.com? I'm looking at an item but not sure if I want to order from them. They get lousy google reviews saying its scam company.
Thanks

·
Registered
159 Posts
SP5
PDW brace
Vickers 221 sling
QD forearm pin
Omega 9k

The diopter rear sight will be here tomorrow. I’m not putting an optic on this one, so that will be as “setup” as it’s going to get.

***EDIT***

After watching several videos, I finally figured out the trick to using the HK rear sight adjustment tool and was able to change out the rear drum to a diopter sight!

Now it’s done!

41 - 60 of 80 Posts