HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
i thought i share my fun USP match clone, but in Compact form. Just something fun, different. I made a couple full sized clones, but never seen anyone make a compact/mini match clone. So i went on my merry way and got a clone match weight from IMMholding on eBay/gunbroker. These weight are very well made and lighter then the counter part. Some has rails and the other more OEM look. I bought the Clone weight with rails, with TLR-4 attachment.

image2.JPG
1.52' of space. USP Compact Match clone weight

then calculating the USP Compact barrel OEM length which is 3.58" over all barrel length. I then added them together, and the need barrel for the USP compact match barrel comes out to be 5.1" overall length. minus some leeway for spacing. So once i figured that out i email Jarvis about custom barrel and would not takle the custom barrel. So then i contacted EFk fire dragon, for custom USP compact .40SW match style barrel. after back and forth emailing, Finally after awhile, they are accepting to take on the custom barrel. EFK are now taking backorders for the custom 5.125' .40SW USP compact match style barrel. Which is exciting and happy something this like this can be an option for unique looking USP Match Compact lol.

Heres what i have so far. Just the USP compact match wight with rail. Now just waiting on custom USP Compact Match .40SW barrel to come in. Enjoy!

IMG_20141216_143710_058.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
I cant wait to go to the range and see the look on others when they see this compact with the match. ive had others in the past loved my match weight on the gun, but now, with the correct barrel length, it will really suprise them. I also had my gun sent to hk to have them install the match trigger set up. WOW! what a diffrence.
Im glad EFk firedragon came through and made this happen. Thank you EFK!!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
I cant wait to go to the range and see the look on others when they see this compact with the match. ive had others in the past loved my match weight on the gun, but now, with the correct barrel length, it will really suprise them. I also had my gun sent to hk to have them install the match trigger set up. WOW! what a diffrence.
Im glad EFk firedragon came through and made this happen. Thank you EFK!!
EFK pretty awesome, they made some custom barrel for me while back for my Sig P226
IMG_20140208_185617_073.jpg
Sentinel Nine "Resident Evil gun"

Nice work--- thanks for the tutorial and pics!!! :eek:

Tony
Thanks, ill post more pics once i get the barrel in :D

·
Premium Member
1,962 Posts
very nice looking gun...used to the long proportions of a real USP MATCH but your gun looks good. Thanks for posting!

·
Registered
1,226 Posts
Awesome! I'm curious to hear if the comp/weight has a noticeable effect on recoil. I would figure it would help at least a little. I've been considering getting one for my USPf9 but I'm not sure how well it works. At least it looks cool and has a standard pic rail!:cool:

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
very nice looking gun...used to the long proportions of a real USP MATCH but your gun looks good. Thanks for posting!
Uspmatchclone.jpg
Thanks, make me missed my old FS USP .40sw Match clone :/
Awesome! I'm curious to hear if the comp/weight has a noticeable effect on recoil. I would figure it would help at least a little. I've been considering getting one for my USPf9 but I'm not sure how well it works. At least it looks cool and has a standard pic rail!:cool:
i had one on my old USP FS clone, and it does help a bit with recoil. it could be just me, but you should try it out too. Share you input aswell :D

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
update

just got email from EFK and there sending my barrel out today. Got the tracking whoot!!~ Once i get it ill do a review and post more pics :D

·
Registered
16 Posts
Match barrel

Mine is on its way too. Hopefully i get it before this weekend, cant wait to try it out, ill post some pictures too.
HkMaster, thats a nice piece. Yours is nice and polished. Did you polished your slide? I like it, what laser are you using. Im in market of getting the green laser.

·
Registered
135 Posts
update

just got email from EFK and there sending my barrel out today. Got the tracking whoot!!~ Once i get it ill do a review and post more pics :D
Awesome! I'm curious to know how it balances compared to a full sized match. Seems like it may actually balance better due to the shorter slide bringing the weight towards the rear.

·
Registered
16 Posts
compact .40 match barrel

I just recieved my barrel,, wow! its very nice and fits so perfect. . Going to the range this weekend to test fire. Will post photos

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Hey guys, sorry for the late update. I received the barrel 12-18-14, but been busy doing last minute Christmas shopping. So i finally after all the craziness, i get to update lol.

Ok so here the more technical spec's of this USP Compact Match Clone. Gun was cleared and with empty mag.

IMG_20141224_212803_008.jpg
got out my scale and ruler for more accurate weight and size of this mod.

IMG_20141224_212917_348.jpg
weight of the new barrel = 4.1oz

IMG_20141224_212851_701.jpg
Weight of Match weight with TLR-4 attachment = 6.9oz
-Match clone weight = 4.1oz
-TLR-4 attachment weight = 2.8oz

IMG_20141224_212928_747.jpg
Combined weight of barrel, match weight and attachment = 11.1oz

IMG_20141224_212953_566.jpg
Original Wight of USP compact = 1lbl 12.3oz

IMG_20141224_213116_017.jpg
Weight of USP compact with new barrel installed = 1lbl 13oz

IMG_20141224_213234_604.jpg
Weight of USP compact with new barrel installed with match weight = 2lbl 1.2oz

IMG_20141224_213308_443.jpg
Weight of USP compact with new barrel installed with match weight and attachment = 2lbls 4.0oz

IMG_20141224_213408_420.jpg
Over all length

Extra photos

IMG_20141224_213621_202.jpg
IMG_20141224_213450_239.jpg
IMG_20141224_213711_497.jpg

Weight difference

USP Compact = 1lbl 12oz
USP Compact Match "without attachment"= 2lbls 1.2oz
-with attachment" = 2lbls 4.0oz

Enjoy​

·
Registered
16 Posts
hk usp compact match

Nice details and photos,

Now all we need is someone to guide us into the right direction for a holster that would fit it. Any help would be great.
Today I went to the range and fired 400 rounds. No issues and shoots great, I love this barrel!
I was looking into Fobus holster em series, but again, their holster is form fit. so no luck. Maybe I can find a match competition holster that might work.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Great and informative thread, makes me kind of jealous of your guys guns! I just got my new stainless USP9c today and after all the MATCH research I've done, I'm looking into making a clone as well. Also glad to hear that the EFK barrel is shooting well without any issues. I've messaged EFK to see if they'll be able to make a match barrel in the 9mm version and currently awaiting a response. I wonder how many others would be interested in this (9mm), but anyway, I'll be sure to update once I hear anything.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts