HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Banned
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What a fun afternoon. I was going to build a SBR 9mm AR15 and use my tirant9 on it. But after shooting my buddies I think I'll go for my holygrail........... I'm going to get a HK MK23 and Tirant45 to round off my can collection. I hear from multiple sources that the MK23 is quieter suppressed than the HK USP45T as it has a longer barrel. We will see.....:)

Fun with NFA Weapons - YouTube

·
Registered
3,468 Posts
What a fun afternoon. I was going to build a SBR 9mm AR15 and use my tirant9 on it. But after shooting my buddies I think I'll go for my holygrail........... I'm going to get a HK MK23 and Tirant45 to round off my can collection. I hear from multiple sources that the MK23 is quieter suppressed than the HK USP45T as it has a longer barrel. We will see.....:)

Personally, I appreciate your enthusiasm, but the last I knew most jurisdictions do not allow firearm use within 500 ft of a dwelling and you are shooting in a housing development with other homes just a few feet away. Because of the shaking of the camera, it looked to me that all the shots were done with the camera operator holding the camera. I also didn't appreciate were the guy with the suppressed pistol "sweeps" the camera operator after he finishes shooting. There were also several times that one shooter was a step ahead of the other breaking the 180 plane. ADs or other problems can happen. IMHO where and how you shoot could cause property damage or worst yet an injury.

Again, I understand that you are proud of what you have and are showing it off. Congratulations on your collections. I would highly suggest shooting away from habitated dwellings, watch your muzzles and don't break the 180 plane. It looks like you had fun, but it would be a real drag if an AD happened, the Police are summoned and you give NFA owners a bad rap. To say nothing of the headline "Machinegun Use In Local Neighborhood". YMMV.

Scott

·
Registered
10,274 Posts
Good advice. My neighbors don't even know I have any guns.

·
Banned
209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I understand your concern but fl law states you can shoot on your property.......anywhere, city or unincorporated county. They did away with the 300ft from occupied building a long time ago. My county dropped it in 2003 because the state law trumped it anyway. I have MILES of uninhabited swamp behind me and a dirt berm that I shoot into at a downward angle with projectiles moving slower than 1,000fps.

I think the video shows a weird angle as far as shooter safety but I can see what your talking about. But as stated in the video description we are enjoying shooting within the law. Stay safe.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Good to see folks shooting class III weapons. I wish it was better accepted up here in WI. Stay safe and have fun.

·
Registered
3,809 Posts

I love mine:

·
Registered
3,809 Posts
dB level is great. Although I have nothing to compare it to. I use a different piston and shoot it in my USP-SD with subsonic ammo but I think the 45 is a little softer on the ears. I don't think you would want to do with the TirantS because I'd suspect you have to shoot it wet all the time. The Tirant 45 is a little on the long side, but I think it works great.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts