HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Can someone please tell me if a registered sear can be made to function in an FBI Trigger pack? I live in CT and we can only have Full Auto...no select fire.
I already have an FBI pack w/ Trigger Job in a nice Navy lower. Would it be possible for the selector (w/sear installed) to rotate from safe, straight up to full...bypassing single rate of fire?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
You can have full but you cant have semi?I would think that it can be modified to have safe/full only? Thats odd.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I know it's odd! I don't make the rules....I'm just trying to follow them...and use my existing TP.
Can anyone confirm REXT's thought?

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
No select fire allowed in your state?

Wow that is odd.... You would think they would WANT you to shoot slower but I guess they have some dumb reasons for it.

So happy I live in Virginia where I can have everything I want!!

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
Hmmm. You'll have to check the legalities, but it wouldn't be all that difficult to make an SEF pack shoot in full-auto mode in both the E and F positions - all it would take is a small cut on the selector lever so that the trigger always pulls the sear back far enough that it doesn't catch on the hammer notch.

The beauty of the HK trigger pack is that you can still shoot one shot at a time if you want.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks "csbrit007" I will heed your advise.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks "csbrit007" I will heed your advise.

·
Registered
670 Posts
No problem, I believe what Dave and I mentioned would work but I would definately weld in some extra material over the original slot to strengthen it a bit for your new cut since there is already limited material to work with and it might become weakened taking more off.

·
Premium Member
8,629 Posts
No problem, I believe what Dave and I mentioned would work but I would definately weld in some extra material over the original slot to strengthen it a bit for your new cut since there is already limited material to work with and it might become weakened taking more off.
That would be a good idea. Also, it might be easier and wouldn't have any issues with weakening anything to instead grind a little off the tang on the back of the hammer that pushes against the selector.

I just figured the selector would be easier to get if you ever need to go back to original condition than a trigger, but that was just a guess.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Yep sure is the law here in CT. When our lovely liberals in the Capitol wrote our so called "assualt weapons" law, they named specific semi-auto guns by name (such as HK94, HK93, HK91 and SP89) as being banned and any firearm that was capable of select-fire. In their minds they thought they were banning all machine guns as well. However, they left a loop-hole and that loop-hole left out guns that fire full auto only. So at least we can still own full auto guns here, they just can't have a semi position on them!

There are 2 ways in which your pack can be converted. You can make it as the others mention, safe and full on E and F or Safe, Safe and Full. Send me a PM if you need a Class II in CT to do the work.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Wow, thats insanely stupid. Though I can see what the libs were after

·
1,252 Posts
I've got dejavu all over again.

I remember .30CalSlut having this same issue.

·
Premium Member
1,025 Posts
I would just have to move to a state that would allow both single and full auto fire!!!

My wife wants to retire to Hawaii but there you cannot have ANY fun toys. I had to break it to her hard and fast!!! NO!

·
Registered
33 Posts
Well you can have a gun that shoots both semi and full auto. You can get a semi HK pack and use it in the HK style gun and when you want full auto, you have to change the pack out to the FA only pack. Yep it is a pain. Otherwise you learn real trigger control with the FA only pack (which you should do anyway!).

1 - 15 of 15 Posts