HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
my P7 worked just fine without it's extractor.......

would a 91 or 93 function also ? or is rifle pressure too high ?

anyone break an extractor then have a FTE ?

·
Registered
532 Posts
No way - extractors are necessary on the '93/'33.

Once your extractor spring starts to go, you'll immediately get stovepiping of fired cases which is REALLY hard on the ejection port metal when that heavy bolt comes driving foreward and pins the .223 case against the front edge of the ejection port - trust me. This is perhaps one of the most common failure points of the .223 HK guns, since the cases need controlled extraction to ensure that they clear the gun's action. You'll notice loss of spring tension when the fired cases start flying closer and closer to the shooter and then finally start getting an erratic ejection pattern. At this point, you should change the spring and clean the extractor channel.

·
Registered
616 Posts
from personal experience, mp5's dont work if the spring is even loose. I'd imagine it wouldnt even close to function if the extractor was missing or broken.

I've never had an extraction problem with 91's or 93's, but I would also think without the extractor you would have issues.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Guys, just a HK rifle newb.

sounds like I should have a spare spring stashed away.
besides that and a firing pin,,,,,,,,, is there any thing else one should have a spare of for a 93 ?

extractor spring
firing pin
stock pins

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
I keep a spare bolt in each caliber for my 90 series firearms. If you're thinking about keeping it for a long time, you may want to consider looking for a spare barrel.
I believe in having spare parts.

·
Registered
527 Posts
Original ad text for the PSP/P7 pistols back in the early eighties touted the ability of the pistol to function just fine without an extractor. Of course you can't easily clear the pistol w/out one, and it does send the brass a bit farther if you have one installed.

·
Registered
44 Posts
my P7 worked just fine without it's extractor.......

would a 91 or 93 function also ? or is rifle pressure too high ?

anyone break an extractor then have a FTE ?
I can tell you from recent experience that an HK93 will not function without it's extractor. Here is what happened... after 9 rounds, extractor spring breaks... 10th round, fires, but stove pipes, 11th round... nada mas. extractor is somewhere "over there"...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts