HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
381 Posts
I believe Customs and Border Patrol are using them. I also believe a big city in California is going to start using it as an issue gun, so my suspicion is that it will stay in production.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I believe Customs and Border Patrol are using them.
Customs and Border Protection and the Border Patrol both use them in very large quantities, as do several other Department of Homeland Security agencies, so they are not going away anytime soon.

It also seems to me (just from looking at the relative dimensions of the two pistols and not side by side comparison) that the p2000 fits a slightly different niche than the p30, with the p2000 being more of a true compact and the p30 being a little bit more of a service sized pistol. Do those of you that have both feel the same way, or am I reading too much into the relative dimensions of the pistols?

Regards,

AmicusCuriae

·
Registered
3,199 Posts
Like the others have said, the P2000 will be around for a while. Which is a good thing as it is a great gun.

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Customs and Border Protection and the Border Patrol both use them in very large quantities, as do several other Department of Homeland Security agencies, so they are not going away anytime soon.

It also seems to me (just from looking at the relative dimensions of the two pistols and not side by side comparison) that the p2000 fits a slightly different niche than the p30, with the p2000 being more of a true compact and the p30 being a little bit more of a service sized pistol. Do those of you that have both feel the same way, or am I reading too much into the relative dimensions of the pistols?

Regards,

AmicusCuriae
Exactly. P30 is much more intended to open carry, while P2K is more suitable as a CCW.

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,393 Posts
I believe Customs and Border Patrol are using them. I also believe a big city in California is going to start using it as an issue gun, so my suspicion is that it will stay in production.
Really? What City?

LA county Sheriff tested them, but the gun is issued in alternative to the Beretta 92 and USP 45. I've only seen a few LEOs carry them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts