HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Perhaps this has been discussed, but with the resurgence of the HK SL8-6 I finally managed to pick one up after years of wanting one.

Is HK going to be making more bipods/other accessories more common/available?

Also while I know it's probably unlikely anyone can know or guess, does it seem like this will be a limited run of SL-8s before they decide to drop it again?

One last question, anyone know of any reliable websites with the bipod in stock? I know google likes to make it a challenge to find gun friendly websites.

·
Some gun guy
289 Posts
I suspect HK won't keep it around for long.
G36 conversions were a significant chunk of the sales in years past. Bostic took a chunk out of those, and there isn't an unlimited supply of G36 parts kits around. So parts kit conversions will only go up in cost. So beyond that, you have an expensive neutered rifle that takes funny magazines and doesn't have a ton of aftermarket support. I like the SL8, hunted a lot to get my SL8-1, but it's a niche gun.

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
My first time ordering from them. So far communication has been good. I've read stories on this form with mixed reviews but this seems to be the only place that is going to have any. For a couple hundred I'll give it a shot.
Font Screenshot Circle Number Parallel

·
Premium Member
131 Posts
I also reached out to H&K to see if they would have any available.
Jason responded,
"We have no information on the bipod yet."

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
My first time ordering from them. So far communication has been good. I've read stories on this form with mixed reviews but this seems to be the only place that is going to have any. For a couple hundred I'll give it a shot.
View attachment 304078
Oh dang this place is like, 30 minutes away from me, that's pretty convenient!

I love the G36 platform don't get me wrong but there's just something captivating about a virgin SL8 and that thumbhole stock and crowned barrel. I'm honestly shocked how much hate it gets but maybe that many people are just way too aggro about g36s

1 - 8 of 8 Posts