HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 213 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow the best of both worlds, UMP and MP5 mixed together.

http://www.professional-arms.com/

What does everyone think about this gun?

What do you think "The Other" company is thinking right now?

The website appears to be a work in progress, alot of missing links, but I think there is enough info to look at.

I emailed them and they said they would have guns to show off at the 2007 Shot Show.

·
Registered
1 Posts
That sounds pretty sweet. You could then afford to shoot it more with a cheaper caliber and switch to something with more punch when you needed it. Also SBRing it would be a breeze, fill out the form and once approved, just switch out the barrel for a shorter one. The only thing I don't like is the sound of civi purchase not available until 2008. By that time we may not be able to own such a versatile hk look alike... By the way how did you find out about them?

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
It looks like it has alot of promise. Most interestingly it states that their
rifles will be able to change caliber with their caliber kits WITHOUT a
gunsmith.
Looking at their FAQ page it states their rifles will accept the following MP5
system parts:

all lowers and trigger packs
A2 and A3 stocks
foregrips
rear sights
front sight blades
recoil rods and aprings

Their rifle will NOT accept the following parts from the MP5
system:

bolts
bolt carriers
cocking supports
magazines
paddle release
claw mounts
barrels

Hmmmm, kinda anti-climatic about some of those parts it won't
accept.

·
1,198 Posts
Doubtful that these will be valid sear hosts if they use a different bolt carrier.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Dare I say that this company is out of Arizona? :)

·
Registered
324 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Well guys I was waiting for someone to find this...I am (as of last week) employed by Professional Arms and I can tell you we have some really innovative and amazing things in mind for all of our friends here.

Barrel/Caliber changes can be done in about 5 minutes.

We are really trying to get everything sorted out to make civilian sales happen quickly, but we need to make sure things are done right the 1st time.

You will find our customer service to be first rate.

Another, very well known member of these forums is involved as well, but I will let him "unveil" himself when he wishes.

We were at the International Association of Chief's of Police show in Boston this past weekend, where the weapon was officially debuted...it was received very enthusiastically.

GHEN

·
Registered
1,733 Posts
Congrats on your new job and all the best.

Can you shed some light on why they chose not to make the bolt, carrier and barrels compatible with the MP5 system?

·
Registered
324 Posts
Excellent news GHEN...thanks for sharing and stay diligent!

HKCAPTN

·
Registered
134 Posts
Neato!

If the price is reasonable I would be very, very, very interested.

Even so, I love innovation! Good job!

·
Registered
140 Posts
Congrats on your new job and all the best.

Can you shed some light on why they chose not to make the bolt, carrier and barrels compatible with the MP5 system?
Thanks everyone for the kind thoughts.

First let me state that I am a great fan of the MP5 family of weapons, but it is a 52 year old design and technology has afforded us the opportunity to expand on the idea.

We do not view the MK5 as a "clone", we view it as an evolution. An important part of modern firearms design, in fact all modern manufacturing, is modularity of design. The ability to customize caliber as well as configuration to the degree offered by the MK5 was simply not possible with some of the MP5's internals.

This forum will be seeing more in the future...I promise.

GHEN

·
Registered
27 Posts
Well guys I was waiting for someone to find this...I am (as of last week) employed by Professional Arms and I can tell you we have some really innovative and amazing things in mind for all of our friends here.

Barrel/Caliber changes can be done in about 5 minutes.

We are really trying to get everything sorted out to make civilian sales happen quickly, but we need to make sure things are done right the 1st time.

You will find our customer service to be first rate.

Another, very well known member of these forums is involved as well, but I will let him "unveil" himself when he wishes.

We were at the International Association of Chief's of Police show in Boston this past weekend, where the weapon was officially debuted...it was received very enthusiastically.

GHEN
I've known about it for a little while now, but kept it quiet until it was unveiled because the owner asked me too. I have dealt with the owner on a couple of items for my MP5 Clone. He is a great guy to talk to and deal with. I believe him to be a very honest and dependable person. He want's to get everything just right before he releases it. If you knew the other "very well known member of these forums" you would be convinced of integrity of those involved in this product. I even been offered to give it a test shoot . :D I can hardly wait!!

·
Registered
217 Posts
It looks very cool. Since MP5/HK94 lower can be used, and it's introduced to LEO appplications, it sounds like it can be FA or semiauto at the same time.

The key is what mags does it take, it looks like UMP type of plastic mags, which is good because MP5 mags are so expensive, not to mention there's no .45acp MP5 mags.

The upper almost looks like the cast receiver of the MP5 clone.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
The reason why I posted this information is to get people excited about H&K clones again. There just has not been very good news on the MP5 clone front for a while. We are in a wonderful time to purchase this type of gun. A few years from now things may change.

The "Other" company tried and got 90% there, but yet never quite perfected it. Controversy after controversy, no thanks!

The one glimmer of hope was ORF but they still have not delivered on their promises. Will they ever?

As far as Vector, is there really a difference between Vector and the "other" company? Just because you stamped the same receivers with a different name and use the same internals, is it really different?

JLD has been the biggest news, to bad they don't have HK33 or MP5 tooling.

By the way, I knew about the MK5 for almost a year now. I emailed the owner of Professional Ordinance a month ago. Sense he told me his proto types would be availible at 2007 Shot Show, I figured we where close enough time-wise to let the cat out of the bag.

By the way, I have nothing to do with this company, I am just another H&K fan like everyone else. I am just as excited to know that there is good news on the horizon related to our H&K drug addiction.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
By the way, the only thing I am surprised with on this MK5 gun is why they are not developing a rifle round to be used with on this platform. 223, 5.7, 4.6 or the like.
I feel the trend for LEO and Spec Ops is to move towards a rifle round.

·
Registered
140 Posts
By the way, the only thing I am surprised with on this MK5 gun is why they are not developing a rifle round to be used with on this platform. 223, 5.7, 4.6 or the like.
I feel the trend for LEO and Spec Ops is to move towards a rifle round.
Then over time your surprise may very well diminish.

It looks very cool. Since MP5/HK94 lower can be used, and it's introduced to LEO appplications, it sounds like it can be FA or semiauto at the same time.
There are seperate receivers:

1 - 20 of 213 Posts