1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
915 Posts
Even older...

·
Registered
2,939 Posts
The difference is that the Israeli weapon can be fired accurately from the shoulder or using the corner feature.

The German model deformed bullets and accuracy was terrible. It was more of a spray and pray idea.

The trench warfare rife with the parascope that is pretty cool.

·
Registered
226 Posts
I just saw a preview for that new (and quite pathetic looking) Angelina Jolie spy movie and she is using one in it

·
Registered
260 Posts
I just saw a preview for that new (and quite pathetic looking) Angelina Jolie spy movie and she is using one in it
It has Angelina in it...the movie can suck eggs, and I'll still be happy :640:

·
Registered
569 Posts
This was designed for shooting people off tanks (from the inside) not for shooting round corners.
The barrel curves down not to the side.
No it wasn't...Everything I have ever read or seen about this weapon is for shooting around corners. I'm sure it is quite possible to turn the barrel in all directions.

·
Registered
67 Posts
o dont care i want one !!

·
Registered
37 Posts
No it wasn't...Everything I have ever read or seen about this weapon is for shooting around corners. I'm sure it is quite possible to turn the barrel in all directions.
Nope, It's for shooting people off tanks. It doesn't swivel. It clamps to the foresight.

People think it was for corner shooting was due to reporters seeing pictures and incorrectly stating it was for shooting round corners.

Remember how good second world war German weapon designers were, if this was for shooting around corners they would have made it much easier to use.
Think of holding the Mp44 with this attached, then think about trying to use it.
How much easier would it be to stick your rifle round the corner without looking and let go half a mag. Now think you're in your Panther hear a noise outside. The only way to have a look is to stick your head out, POW! your brain all over the outside of the tank, or get the loader to crack his hatch stick the curved barrel/sight attachment out and have a look around?

As was previously posted its accuracy was poor but this didn't matter as your target was only feet away hanging off your tank/sp gun.

·
Registered
189 Posts
I believe I first saw this in 2002 on TV. Was this a recent FW? If it was, I'd rename the show "Pastweapons".

1 - 14 of 14 Posts