HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a small/mid sized .40 cal and can't decide between the Glock 23, Beretta PX4 Subcompact, HK USP40 Compact or HK P2000SK. It'll be my pocket carry gun in large winter jacket pockets and lots of range shooting. Not that I'll get an answer on a forum, but any insight can't hurt.
Thanks.

·
Registered
95 Posts
stick to HK, ofcourse haha, but have you handled both the USP C and an SK? An SK would be more suitable for pocket carry, but depends on personal preference of what you'd like to shoot/carry.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The G23 is pretty much the save size as the USPc .40. Both are great guns, the G23 is cheaper for parts and mags but good quality.

I have 2 USPc 9mm's and a G19. I carry the G19 because I do not want to put holster wear on my H&K.

See how both feel in your hand and decide. Better yet rent both and shoot them and see what you like best!!

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Theres no way your carrying a USPc .40 in any pocket! Way too heavy. The G23 is a little slimmer, but again too heavy for what I would consider a pocket gun. A G27 would be a better choice, and a P2Ksk would fit perfect.

·
Registered
381 Posts
I agree that a Glock 23 is a little large for a pocket gun. I would recommend the P2000sk out of those you listed. Your probably better off using a snubbie.

·
Registered
129 Posts
The G36 would be even a better choice if your leaning toward a Glock. I pocket carry mine daily.
Although I do love both Glock and H&K I would make sure that you do a trigger job to tighten up the Glock trigger so you dont shoot off your balls and remember KEEP YOUR FINGER OFF THE TRIGGER!

·
Registered
3,250 Posts
Also remember to use a good pocket holster. This will keep the trigger shrouded and the gun pointing downwards and ready to draw.

I have a J-frame but I would still never pocket carry it. Pocket carry (in the front pants pocket) is very uncomfortable to me and I vastly prefer a holster, either IWB or on the hip. Even the Airweight is too heavy to me. In a coat pocket it would probably be alot better. This is aside from the fact that I can't hit the broad side of a barn with it, thats why I usually carry a bigger pistol instead. For the size, weight, accuracy and firepower involved the G26 always leaves the safe before the J-frame when a small sub-compact gun is needed, it rides IWB at about 4oclock postion.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts