HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the G28 Trigger Guard from GGW and my question is about the front pin hole. The new part didn't come with any pins and I would like to know what some of you have used for the front hole. Any help will be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
434 Posts
You may or may not have run into the same problem I had. I ordered some curved trigger guards from GGW to install on my MR223 and MR308. Turns out what I got was meant to be installed on a A3 or A5 model receiver and not a 556 or 762 receiver. The pinning if you will is different. I ended getting the correct ones from ZIB.
This is probably what you are removing -
Metal
The large roll pin at the front was simply punched out and reused. The tiny roll pin at the rear was carefully punched out and the spring and plunger pin removed and carefully reinstalled in the rear of the new trigger guard. A bit of a PITA getting the small roll pin in while holding the spring pushed down inside of the guard. I ruined one trigger guard learning a lesson.
This what you are probably trying to install. Just reuse the parts from your first trigger guard.
Font
And now my MR223 and MR308 are sporting curved trigger guards.
https://shop.strato.de/epages/61431412.sf/secd93c247da9/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61431412/Products/100263

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
You should be able to find some roll pins of correct size. When you do cut one in 1/2 and use it to secure the front. Do not push it all the way in and you should be fine. If you want to remove the trigger guard then you just push it through into the trigger guard and Voila, it will swing down and you can punch out the rear roll pin.

If you are in the States HKParts sells an after market one that works on all the A1 models, 556/233 and 762/308 as it has the spring loaded pin for the front.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You may or may not have run into the same problem I had. I ordered some curved trigger guards from GGW to install on my MR223 and MR308. Turns out what I got was meant to be installed on a A3 or A5 model receiver and not a 556 or 762 receiver. The pinning if you will is different. I ended getting the correct ones from ZIB.
This is probably what you are removing -
View attachment 99930
The large roll pin at the front was simply punched out and reused. The tiny roll pin at the rear was carefully punched out and the spring and plunger pin removed and carefully reinstalled in the rear of the new trigger guard. A bit of a PITA getting the small roll pin in while holding the spring pushed down inside of the guard. I ruined one trigger guard learning a lesson.
This what you are probably trying to install. Just reuse the parts from your first trigger guard.
View attachment 99938
And now my MR223 and MR308 are sporting curved trigger guards.
https://shop.strato.de/epages/61431412.sf/secd93c247da9/?ObjectPath=/Shops/61431412/Products/100263
I am removing the type that is in the top picture, although the guard I have is slightly different than the bottom picture. It doesn't appear to have been designed with a spring loaded pin. Font Auto part

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You should be able to find some roll pins of correct size. When you do cut one in 1/2 and use it to secure the front. Do not push it all the way in and you should be fine. If you want to remove the trigger guard then you just push it through into the trigger guard and Voila, it will swing down and you can punch out the rear roll pin.

If you are in the States HKParts sells an after market one that works on all the A1 models, 556/233 and 762/308 as it has the spring loaded pin for the front.
I bought the after market one from HK Parts before my parts made it fro GGW. I like the one from GGW better than the one I got from HKParts.net. I like your idea, I just need the size of the hole. I have an extra pin for the trigger guard, I'm just not sure that the holes are the same size and I don't want to force it.

·
Premium Member
3,434 Posts
I bought the after market one from HK Parts before my parts made it fro GGW. I like the one from GGW better than the one I got from HKParts.net. I like your idea, I just need the size of the hole. I have an extra pin for the trigger guard, I'm just not sure that the holes are the same size and I don't want to force it.
They are the same size. You can also order the roll pins from HKParts, for a small fortune of course.;-)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
434 Posts
I used GGW curved guard. Just punched a roll pin into it. I dont care to ever remove it.
Good idea that I did not think of. Now what to do with the 2 trigger guards I have from GGW since I installed the ones from Zib.

·
Registered
156 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you guys for all of the tips. I got home yesterday and drove the pin, it went in perfectly and looks great. Now its time to look into the selector levers, I think I'm going to have to buy some smaller punches.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts