HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since I did not see a thread about this, I thought I might start one.

When I asked an HK employee (not saying any names...) this weekend at IWA 2017, I was told the that G28 Z will come with an adjustable gas block, which they will also sell separately for the MR308. However they will not offer any service to retrofit your gun.

I thought this was quite interesting, especially since I was told this would not become available for the civilian market by the same employee the year before. Oh well...

If you haven't already seen it, this way lying around the HK booth (not my pic):
http://i.imgur.com/HyHWo4Q.jpg

·
Registered
191 Posts
I wish that Aimpoint Micro mount wasn't so expensive and more readily available. I like the sun hoods, since my H2 has issues shooting towards the west at dusk. In black would be great too.

More on topic, I'm really liking this influx in new products and expansions from HK. Got my hopes up high for what we're gonna be seeing in the US market in the next year or so.

·
Premium Member
2,742 Posts
From what I've read, they will be offering the civilian market the older AGB with the knob on the right-side as opposed to the newer style that has it in front.

Probably a restriction on selling a military product.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I wish that Aimpoint Micro mount wasn't so expensive and more readily available. I like the sun hoods, since my H2 has issues shooting towards the west at dusk. In black would be great too.
Agreed - about $500 is quite a bit too much. I tried out a $25 airsoft knock off version with mine, and while it looked just right, it didn't hold zero as expected.

·
Registered
272 Posts
From what I've read, they will be offering the civilian market the older AGB with the knob on the right-side as opposed to the newer style that has it in front.

Probably a restriction on selling a military product.
That's the one I have - but impossible to adjust it without removing the hand guard.

·
Registered
430 Posts
That's the one I have - but impossible to adjust it without removing the hand guard.
Just when you thought that all your hard earned money and NSA skills to find the item on the darknet solved your HK problem, you need to remove the handguard :D

·
Requiescat in Pace
2,392 Posts
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!! My wallet is doomed! I just read the first sentence and already I want it!!!!!!!!!!

·
Banned
2,002 Posts
Since I did not see a thread about this, I thought I might start one.

When I asked an HK employee (not saying any names...) this weekend at IWA 2017, I was told the that G28 Z will come with an adjustable gas block, which they will also sell separately for the MR308. However they will not offer any service to retrofit your gun.

I thought this was quite interesting, especially since I was told this would not become available for the civilian market by the same employee the year before. Oh well...

If you haven't already seen it, this way lying around the HK booth (not my pic):
http://i.imgur.com/HyHWo4Q.jpg

Not saying they won't become a available however, in my limited experience here in the US, the HK Reps tend to overpromise whatever people want to hear!! Time will tell if they are changing their business practices!!

·
Registered
700 Posts
Starting a threat about the worst rifle deal to ever hit the civillian market in Germany. If not the worst, certainly in the Top10.
There. I said it, on a HK forum.

If you want a very accurate .308 DMR, get the existing MR308-A3-28. You should be able to get one under 3000e.
If you have more money to spend, want a crazy well hand crafted rifle in .308 with "MR308" accuracy, adjustable gas block piston operated, that even takes SR25 mags... spend 3700e for a custom made "Burk BR10".

Anyone spending "G28Z" money doesnt do it because its a good rifle, its not, its a pig.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Just when you thought that all your hard earned money and NSA skills to find the item on the darknet solved your HK problem, you need to remove the handguard :D
Yeah, well, the point was to say, that getting the AGB is only half the problem, since you cannot adjust it easily without drilling a hole in the handguard.
And all handguards out there seem to have a hole on the LEFT for the AGB, and not the RIGHT (from the shooters viewpoint).
The 417 has the military version of the AGB on the front - although I don't know what they do for the long handguard version for the 20" barrel.

·
Registered
272 Posts
Starting a threat about the worst rifle deal to ever hit the civillian market in Germany. If not the worst, certainly in the Top10.
There. I said it, on a HK forum.

If you want a very accurate .308 DMR, get the existing MR308-A3-28. You should be able to get one under 3000e.
If you have more money to spend, want a crazy well hand crafted rifle in .308 with "MR308" accuracy, adjustable gas block piston operated, that even takes SR25 mags... spend 3700e for a custom made "Burk BR10".

Anyone spending "G28Z" money doesnt do it because its a good rifle, its not, its a pig.
Is the Burk BR10 available as a 6.5 Creedmoor? If they could do a seriously accurate version of that, I'd take it.

·
Registered
700 Posts
Since the Burk is _always_ a customer spec gun, you can ask and he will tell you the price. Possibly a small markup, but I do not see a reason why he would not build it in 6.5CM.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts