HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Who can convert my A3 collapsible stock, with just open & close, into a adjustable stock with multiple notches on the rail?

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I've been thinking about this as well. I half heartedly tried with a dremel and carbide bit before getting yelled at to do something by the wife and left it by the wayside.

Somebody with a machine shop could probably make some change offering this service.

Without trying to hijack and along the same topic of machining, has anyone thought or modded an MP5 stock (longer toe) to fit the longer G3 legs?

·
Registered
2,844 Posts
Terry Dyer use to do this on the MP5 stocks, worked well for smaller or younger shooters (friend's son found it a little too short, now he is six and a half feet with no issues ;-). Only down side is you have to hold the latch as will stop at each notch.

·
Registered
10,255 Posts
Only down side is you have to hold the latch as will stop at each notch.

Not much of a downside... I know several people who would be interested as well if anyone were to get motivated enough to want to make some money.

·
Registered
411 Posts
That kind of stock exists. When we upgraded our G3's, in 2007, they came with a 3-pos retractable stock. The added notch was a few centimeters shorter than fully extended, to make shooting with BA easier.

I assume that the stock is factory HK, or produced by a manufacturer in Norway, seeing as just modifying the existing legs didn't work. Stocks would break during shooting.

·
Vendor
2,158 Posts
I am about to make something that will allow something similar
RTG recoil assembly
CAA AR style tube
Ghilliebear Heavy buffer
Magpul ACS or CTR. I need to have a shorter LOP

·
Registered
15 Posts
I found a way to make the A3 butt stock much more comfortable. I use a AMD-65 (AK variant) butt pad. You have to remove the glued on hard rubber pad from the A3, which is easy to do. I used a piece from a rubber door stop to keep the new pad from rocking and to keep it vertical. The supplied velcro strap is a bit too short and best to use something longer. The pad sits nicely on the shoulder and has plenty of contact area. Here is an example of one: http://centerfiresystems.com/PADAKA02.aspx

1 - 8 of 8 Posts