HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just found a heard of G3 barrels, new, and blue for like 50 bucks. Sounds way too cheap.

I asked some questions regarding the source of these, and it turns out they are from the apparently defunct Federal Arms corporation.

After reading everything I could find on the web about Federal arms, the only information specificly about their barrels was this: 1>They may be manufactured in the Orient. And 2> At one time Federal Arms G3 barrels used on their "not very popular" G3 clones had some tight chamber issues.

I need a barrel, but untill I have more information, am VERY reluctant to go with one of these.

Comments are appreciated

Thanks,
P

·
Registered
1,734 Posts
They sound like they're Korean made. I've heard nothing but negative about them. I would pass.

·
Registered
611 Posts
hmm, the top barrel that is marked SW, looks identical to my barrels that are all from FMP. There were all brand new factory kits from FMP that I bought a couple of years ago.

·
Premium Member
2,652 Posts
Original HK profile G3 would be nice from PTR-91

What I can't make sense of is why PTR-91 does not make a barrel with the original military profile as an option. The heavy target barrel is certainly accurate, but I would rather the original look. Now they are making fluted barrels, but still now tapered ones. I don't get it.

·
Registered
79 Posts
What I can't make sense of is why PTR-91 does not make a barrel with the original military profile as an option. The heavy target barrel is certainly accurate, but I would rather the original look. Now they are making fluted barrels, but still now tapered ones. I don't get it.
Maybe they're worried more about how accurate it is than how it looks ;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts