HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I am searching for different ideas on how to make a G3 and its variants NYSafe Act Compliant.

As I mentioned in my initial post (Rookie Corner) going featureless is doable but it has major drawbacks making the weapon ugly and hard to handle.

Would it be possible to disable the self loading function?

some way to hold the bolt open and incorporating a lever that would act as release mechanism??

the bolt locks open after ever shot until the release is engaged.

see video link below the function would be similar to the AR modification.

thank you in advance RR

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eoHfAcWNMK0

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
The G3/HK91 were never designed with a last round hold open and attempts at retro-fitting one have been failures. The design just doesn't accommodate it well.

·
Requiescat In Pace
3,807 Posts
Grind a flat across the back of the magazine follower so when the bolt group comes forward the lower edge of the bolt head will catch on that flat versus feeding the top round of the magazine. Of course it means you can only use the rifle with a one-round magazine. Might be easier to move out of NY. You folks have the worst politicians up there and keep electing them back in each time around.
G3Kurz

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Might be easier to move out of NY. You folks have the worst politicians up there and keep electing them back in each time around.
G3Kurz
agreed. but you better get ready because our governor is posturing for a 2020 run at the oval office...then we will all screwed.

and the kicker is that we are not a blue state. last gubernatorial election..with an incumbent democrat governor...here is how the state voted.

i see lots more red than blue

Attachments

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
agreed. but you better get ready because our governor is posturing for a 2020 run at the oval office...then we will all screwed.

and the kicker is that we are not a blue state. last gubernatorial election..with an incumbent democrat governor...here is how the state voted.

i see lots more red than blue
Sorry but you are indeed a blue state. Just like here in CA the blue city population out votes the red rural areas and always will.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Most Non-NYC residents would love to dump the city and form a new state..it actual has name "New Amsterdam" (good luck with that)

ok so where were we...basically the only way to make a G3 complaint is to make it featureless??

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Featureless is the only option for you.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts