HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guy,s , I just ordered a G3 HK tungsten filled carrier/bolt head from RTG. Say,s its very good condition and HK german. Just slightly heavier incase your gonna go rock n roll. Will this work GOOD in a G3K semi build?? Hope its all HK marked, they were out of HK marked FA carriers. This is late model SEMI auto. $199. Will it be bad or just as good and slightly better? I can cancel yet. Thanks guy,s

·
Registered
6,398 Posts
Tungsten is really for full auto. Bolt bounce won't mean much in semi. Unless it's excessive. And I doubt it would ever be.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
Will it run FINE,without NEGATIVE results. Is it OK to use it? So it won,t make a shorter barreled rifle run that much smoother?#18 locking piece,lets not forget.

·
Registered
370 Posts
Seems like a waste of $200 for a semi-auto gun. Doubt you will feel any difference.
Somewhere on HKPro is a string saying that ALL the carbide plugs were aftermarket/armorer mods and NOT H&K built.
NOT stating that as fact, just that I read it on here somewhere as well as advice not to waste money for semi gun.
I saved $200 and haven't looked back.
Let everyone know how it goes if you do get it, and also how it was marked, Please!

·
Premium Member
2,511 Posts
Will it run FINE,without NEGATIVE results. Is it OK to use it? So it won,t make a shorter barreled rifle run that much smoother?#18 locking piece,lets not forget.
It will run fine. If you have both carriers and run them side by side you wouldn't notice a difference.

·
Registered
2,734 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It will run fine. If you have both carriers and run them side by side you wouldn't notice a difference.
Thanks bro,I went with an HK fa carrier for the G3k build instead of the heavy tungsten ordeal. I have a mint HK 74' bolt head for it.

·
Registered
10,250 Posts
The tungsten carriers only make a difference if the gun is full auto. Doesn't do a thing for a semi.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts