HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
greetings from ireland.....

ive questions about G3 clones... and G3s in general ....

im getting a saber defence XR41 g3 clone ( hopefully if my F.O approves it). it will be possible the only 1 in the country of its type..

i wanna no.. since i havent seen a clone or a real G3 in a long time and cant get my hands on 1 at the min...

if a modified cocking tube was made ... would it be easy to switch the side that the cocking lever sits on, mainly internally would there be anything stopping this from happening....its for an awkard south paw like me !!!

and are ampi safeties avaliable for G3s ???

·
Registered
221 Posts
To get the cocking lever to the other side would require som serious modifications to the cocking tube. No modification to the innards would be necessary. It's much easier to do what southpaws have always been doing. Just turn the rifle 90 degress sideways retaining your LH grip so that the cocking lever points upwards. Then it's easy to manipulate with your RH.

As for ambi selectors, the easiest way is to get hold of a complete FBI s/f trigger group meant for the MP5 and just swap the ejector lever to a .308 one.
This will require the grip housing to be "clipped" so that it will fit the shelf of your receiver.
Or get a MSG-90 grip housing and selector lever, I think you can use the xr-41 trigger mech with this housing. It would also require to be "clipped", but this is fairly easy to do with a dremel tool if you're a little handy.

FBI s/f ambi trigger group

MSG-90 ambi trigger group

Gordon Miller has them, ufortunately he does not ship outside the US. The pictures is from his website.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
cheers for the reply ...... but since you said that i cant get the parts shipped then there really is no "easiest thing to do...."

im stubborno im looking into the mods needed as im not afraid to do the work and since no1 else in the country will do it for me !

anyway i was hoping to eventually build a PSG / MSG clone. ... thats out the window too cos i cant get internals shipped either !

it would have been so sweet ! especially with the euro so strong to the dollar !

god ... i had to read over and recorrect spelling 3 times ...im WAY too sober for reality :p:p:p:p:p

1 - 3 of 3 Posts