HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
If you are used to the standard buffer, then you will definitely notice a difference in recoil. I have tried the Comfort Zone Buffer from PTR, the MSG90 buffer, and G3 heavy buffer - all are better than the standard buffer in absorbing recoil.

·
Registered
266 Posts
TRY IT LIKE THAT FIRST..

that cushy 21 buttpad drags. on anything you have on.(rubber)

·
Registered
886 Posts
I'd like to try a heavy buffer just to see the difference. Thing of it is I don't find the recoil on my 91 to be bad with the standard buffer. Maybe it's that I'm enjoying it too much to notice.

·
Registered
732 Posts
Cool. I want one! I'm using the Comfort Zone from PTR in my rifle.

·
Registered
47 Posts
I've got a G3SG1 witch has such a buffer installed.
And it has about the same backkick as a .223 rifle.
It's no bad idea to install such a buffer in a HK91.

·
Registered
886 Posts
I'd say the MSG-90 would be in between a stock G3 and the 2 stage heavy. The MSG-90 is a single piston, but has more travel built in over the standard G3 version.

Bill

·
Registered
77 Posts
Clonehead, how would you compare the recoil from the MSG90 buffer Vs. the Heavy Buffer?
The heavy buffer and MSG90 seemed close enough that I stuck with the MSG90 since it is the same diameter as the standard buffer. The G3 heavy buffer is a larger diameter, but is easy enough to get to work with a little Dremel modification.

·
Registered
198 Posts
The Green Mieani likes it. I can't remember which long buffer it is but I think it was 8" long. I had to have the stock bored out 4 mm. and with the jell-pack butt pad it's a soft push. I think I like the solid 1961 German wood and stock buffer better for walking courses or pigging in the scrub and bush.

Cheers
MJ

·
Registered
198 Posts
I bought a like new black plastic stock for the HK91 at the Cow Palace.

I paid $45 for the complete 91 stock and long buffer.

The green stock set was an internet buy for $80.

Cheers
MJ

1 - 16 of 16 Posts