HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been unable to find a satisfactory answer to what the difference in characteristics is. I know the 21 buffer is twice as long and appears to be single stage instead of 2 stage? Would it be safe/desirable to put a 21 buffer in a 91 style rifle, or a g3 heavy buffer in an hk21? I've acquired an hk21 buffer, is it ok to put it on my 91 clone? It fits fine in the JLD stock (after opening up the diameter of the hole in the steel plate), just don't know if I'd be hurting anything by using it.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Just a guess but it is my opinion that the 21 buffer absorbs more recoil force than the heavy buffer. I have used the 21 buffer in a SR9 and HK93 where it works fine. To know if it will work in a clone you will have to try it and see. I learned this weekend that clones do not behave like the German guns when changing things like stocks.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks wh. mr_baker, I've seen a lot of comments from folks who have a msg90 buffer in a 91. I think the consensus is that it doesn't make as much of a difference as a two-stage heavy buffer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts