HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this photo of a German soldier sporting a nice G3. Thought you fellas would enjoy. G3 in action.jpg

·
Registered
1,296 Posts
Appears to be one of their Tier 1 guys? G3A4A1 (brass deflector) with some other non-standard stuff......multiple rail mount, scope/IR laser...

In this pic of a DMR setup you can also see a similar rifle leaning up against the wall, note the same of what is probably an IR laser on the right side above the grip and collapsible stock. The DMR setup has a railed hand guard whereas these two have a receiver rail with at least one side rail.

G3 in action 2.jpg

·
Registered
1,033 Posts
Looks like the German B&T rail for the german rifles with weld on brass deflector. Of course I was not aware how much more THOSE rails were when I decided to put the deflector on my rifle.:27:

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
But wait isn't the G3 an obsolete weapon? That's what all the AR10, SCAR17, etc fanbois seem to claim.

As to the mag, his left hand is supporting the rifle by the inserted mag.

·
Registered
972 Posts
But wait isn't the G3 an obsolete weapon? That's what all the AR10, SCAR17, etc fanbois seem to claim.

As to the mag, his left hand is supporting the rifle by the inserted mag.

Meh, drop all three out of a moving truck and see which one is still functional- here's a hint, it won't be an AR or SCAR variant.

·
Registered
1,194 Posts
Meh, drop all three out of a moving truck and see which one is still functional- here's a hint, it won't be an AR or SCAR variant.
That was pretty much my point. LOL

·
Premium Member
163 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm glad you guy's liked that photo. I'm sure a full blown pissing match could be instigated easily with a "which battle rifle is best" question. No doubt the G3/HK91 is a dated operating system, but one can't argue that it is a very robust, reliable and precise battle rifle. Obviously there are lots of options out there for different jobs, but I wouldn't hesitate to take my HK 91 into any "situation". Mine shoots 1" groups at 100 meters, can run when it is absolutely filthy and will make threats "stay shot" with rounds on target.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts