HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
339 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone willing to let me borrow their G36 barrel wrench, I should be getting my stamp anytime soon and would like to start removing my current barrel. Im in Bellevue, WA if there is anyone local to me or I can pay for shipping. Let me know, Thanks

·
Banned
1,926 Posts
You also should use a Receiver Chamber Mandrel Rod.

Anyone willing to let me borrow their G36 barrel wrench, I should be getting my stamp anytime soon and would like to start removing my current barrel. Im in Bellevue, WA if there is anyone local to me or I can pay for shipping. Let me know, Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,595 Posts
I used the clamp in a vice method once but would not recommend it personally. Later I bought one of Javier's mandrel rods and found that it works much better...

·
Premium Member
364 Posts
There are a lot of threads here on how tough the thread locker is on the threads. Most of them mention using some heat to soften it. A number of threads talk about sending their barreled receiver to HKUSA and having them take out the barrel, for a nominal charge.

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
I have a BA that I removed myself, but using a mandrel and wrench. That. Was. Stressful.

I recall using a hairdryer to heat the barrel nut and used a pipe on the wrench handle to gain leverage.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts