HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
was it necessary to install the sl8 bolt hold latch into a factory g36 trigger pack...the two are different...do they function differently?

·
Registered
375 Posts
when i did my conversion i didnt swap them out-i just used a full trigger assembly minus the sear, but i also used a g36 bolt head ( i dont know if that matters)

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
the two are different
I have the 4-position grip and the bolt-hold lever was identical to the SL8 one. I swapped out the fire control parts only, not the bolt-hold lever and everthing works fine.

I have heard that SOME G36 grips require mods in order to fit the SL8 receiver and fire control parts but I do not know which ones specifically nor do I know what the details of the mods are.

If it were me, I would try first with the G36 bolt-hold and if it fails to hold the bolt, try the SL8 one (as long as it fit correctly).

·
Registered
285 Posts
hey ....The only thing I swapped out was the barrel assy, everything seems to work OK

that is if your not doing a mag conversion. the bolt head will have to go on from the G36 or TN one. if not you will damage the live rounds being chambered in the barrel. Not a pretty sight if one goes off in your face. Just a freindly WARNING.

·
Registered
532 Posts
FYI- using the SL8 bolt head in a G36 conversion won't damage the rounds in the magazine.

It will turn the rifle into a single-shot ONLY gun, however, since the SL8 bolt head will not feed rounds from the right side of the magazine. The beveled edge on the SL8 bolt head is designed to slide smoothly over any rounds on the right side, and does not damage these at all.

There's no risk in using an SL8 bolt head with a double-stack magazine other than the stated issue of it not feeding correctly.

·
Registered
285 Posts
i wouldnt say that

I had an issue with the bolthead slammimg the rounds at an odd angle. I cant remember though if it was with the single stack or double stack mags. Ive still got the rounds that are damaged, when i get my photo stuff straight i will post pictures.

·
Registered
434 Posts
Thats interesting

I have noticed that a few of my rounds get dented using my conversion bolt head. The rifle works flawlessly so I have just not payed much attention to it.

But.. it sounds like it could be the bolt head from TN that might not have that bevel..hmm....

·
Registered
285 Posts
yeah

The one that dented the rounds was indeed the SL8 bolt. I put the TN one in and no problems. Since the SBR I now have the G36K bolt head.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts