HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
132 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a G36 conversion. I see prices all over the place ranging from $2500 to $5000. I notice that there are 2 types of conversions - stock block and fusion? My question is does it matter which of the two methods are used as far as value goes? I just cant figure out why the price range is so drastic except possibly for that. What should I expect to pay and what should I be looking for?

Thanks for any advice you can provide.

·
Premium Member
376 Posts
My first G36 was a stock block conversion. It was awful. A Tom Bostic fusion is the only way to go. That being said, yes it costs more, but resale value is also better in the end. I now have five different Tom Bostic conversions, and I am still debating sending him the stock block one conversion to redo. I will PM you.

·
Registered
1,304 Posts
My question is does it matter which of the two methods are used as far as value goes? I just cant figure out why the price range is so drastic except possibly for that.
You aren't missing anything, it's exactly that simple. Correctly done G36 conversions are plastic weld jobs done by TommyBuilt Tactical. Those conversions cost more to complete, and hold their value better as a result.

As for the final price you expect to pay, well that can differ dramatically based on the configuration you want. This is another reason why you see such a huge range of prices. You have the G36E, G36K and G36C as the most popular models. Then on each there are different fore-end, rail, and sight/optic options. This will drastically change the final price based on what you pick.

If you are just starting now it could be difficult to build one on any relative budget. The donor HK SL8 has been out of production for several years now and as such the prices have been steadily increasing. You could easily pay $2500-3000 just for the donor rifle before any parts or labor. Beware, and run all the numbers before starting.

Short story, min price is probably around $4500 and you can easily bump that up to $6000 depending on config.

Here is my G36C built by TommyBuilt. Good luck!

·
Registered
700 Posts
I am looking for a G36 conversion. I see prices all over the place ranging from $2500 to $5000. I notice that there are 2 types of conversions - stock block and fusion? My question is does it matter which of the two methods are used as far as value goes? I just cant figure out why the price range is so drastic except possibly for that. What should I expect to pay and what should I be looking for?

Thanks for any advice you can provide.
Just a heads up here in Europe, the formerly elusive "SL8 Conversions" that ranged in the 3500 to 4000 EUR range dropped "within" seconds to about 1000 EUR value when HK started shipping their actual HK243, which retail around 1450.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I just scored an SL8 at a really good price and will be sending it to Bostic soon to have the magwell modification for G36 mags and a dye job. I am going for the stock block and ACR stock at this point. I understand that the new version of the block reduces the LOP and is angled when folded now. Plus, I have an ACR stock and block on my UMP build and love it. I can always go with a fuse job later. I am going with a navy lower, and a stock G36 forearm. Bostic will also cut, thread, reprofile and parkerize my barrel. I am having an AAC suppressor mount/brake pinned as well to keep the barrel length at 16 1/4" with the brake. My biggest decision right now is what rail to go with. I like the classic dual optic look but understand they are not that great. I may go with the UTG low profile rail. I will probably wait to get that until everything else is done and see what my sight picture is before I decide on a low pro or higher rail. Anyone with an ACR stock installed? What rail do you have?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts