HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
I only have Tbostic version and Tom did a very good job and excellent communication and service. He also can have it done in about 2~3 weeks. I like to get one from Joe but he is too busy so wait time will be much longer. In general both are the best. Thanks

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
On your conversion, where the receiver is milled out does he strengthen it with a steel plate? I have read how Chopstix does his but not tbostic. I have stared buying all the pieces for the conversion. I am not worried about time it takes. I just want the best.

·
Registered
3,673 Posts
hmmm. I considered doing a G36 instead of the UMP but I didn't know what the cost would be to get this done. Does anyone have a rough estimate for budget purposes?

·
Registered
260 Posts
Chopstix is about $1400 (full conversion, mag well, and remarking)
Tommy is about $900 (same)

I don't think that Tommy used to do the steel rod in the magwell, but he very well may have started. I would expect that he'll pop into this thread in due time and speak for himself.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts
IIRC Parts needed for G36 is about $1500~1700 depends on where you buy them. To save money you can collect them few at a time from "Forum: HK PARTS AND ACCESSORIES FOR SALE" but will take longer.

·
Registered
1,501 Posts

·
Registered
98 Posts
On your conversion, where the receiver is milled out does he strengthen it with a steel plate? I have read how Chopstix does his but not tbostic. I have stared buying all the pieces for the conversion. I am not worried about time it takes. I just want the best.
Tom does use a steel plate for the magwell conversions.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
I have a two of TBostic's conversions and I am extremely pleased with both. Just got my G36K back from him this week and the turn around was around 2 weeks, price was $950 plus 35 for return shipping. Well worth it since the end product looks amazing.

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
3 years later...... And I shipped my gun to Tommy today. I got my SBR stamp a couple of months ago so it will come home as K. I will post pics when I get it back.

·
Registered
341 Posts
Tommy Rules !! i have a friend there that sent him 2 ugly sl8´s , then he got back a G36K and a G36C , both correctly engraved and best of all , he shot almost 2k rounds on each toy and no flaws , cracks or whatever on them .......send him your rifles with total confidence , 2 weeks later you´ll feel like Lara Croft´s illuminati henchmen or like Mr Norris at "the expendables"........ he´ll make your dreams come true, PERIOD.

·
Premium Member
1,591 Posts
Tom did a G36C for me a while back and it's awesome. He is currently working on a UMP conversion for me. Hope to have that back in a few days. And then the wait for the stamp...

·
Premium Member
1,051 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Tom called today. Gun is finished and on its way home. I will post pics when I get it. Don't quite feel like Ralphie yet...... Ha Ha

1 - 20 of 28 Posts