HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm looking at building a G36 Clone while I wait for my 9mm UMP Barrel to come back (Ha!) and I have a chance to buy the dual optics but I'm curious if those of you who have them like them or would I be better off with a regular scope. I'd like to have a good clear view of the target at 300 yards and i'm not sure if a 3.5x is what I need.

What do you guys think?

·
HKPRO PRIME MINISTER
1,292 Posts
HK G-36 Duak Optic...

I took the dual optic rail system off and put it in a box inside my vault room...

I instead put the G-36k 1919 HK rail unit on top and installed a Trijicon Tri-Power...

I'm not impressed with HK's G-36 dual optic unit...

My Tri-Power co-witnesses nicely with the iron sites with the red chevron with wide open view...

My .02

·
Registered
1,202 Posts
The general consensus seems to be that the factory dual optics are outdated. But the dual optics was one of the things that made the G36 different, so a lot of people keep 'em because it's something that is kind of a trademark of that rifle series.

Remember, these dual optics came out years and years ago when the G36 was first made, and optics have come quite far since then.

A newer scope/red dot setup would give you better results. But those dual optics or 3x mag scopes with carry handle sure look awesome...

I'd give it a chance.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Small and a two for one they are in my opinion a compromise.
I tried it when it first came out on a G-36. The Aimpoint of that generation was far superior to the G-36 red dot. The scope was better but still not the equal of a regular scope. For a collection the dual G-36 optic is nice but for a quality sight picture I would not use it.

·
Registered
216 Posts
I had one when I first did my conversion. It looks cool but isn't very good. I sold it and put the new rail on it and put an Elcan SpecterDR on there. The 3.5 scope had a VERY small FOV and every model I saw had small spots inside the optic. The red dot was OK, but nothing impressive.

Just my .02

·
Registered
26 Posts
Both the 1.5x and 3x optics on the G36 are crap. The FOV is very limited, the eye relief is VERY short and the cheek-weld terrible. With regard to them being dated, that is not the case; the AUG fixed optic is twice as old and far superior. The G36 was a cost-saving experiment by HK who rightly assumed that their costs of German production would continue to escalate disproportionally to their perceived quality. The only steel HK that MIL/LE customers continue to pay a premium for is the MP5, the G36 was meant to undercut all the other Western assault rifles out there.

·
Registered
279 Posts
im taking my new G36 scope tomorrow to zero it in as i got it 2 weeks ago n havent had a chance till now... (obviously bringing my sl8 with it :p:p)

i went the whole nine yards and got a X3 with red dot cos it looked cool, i wanted to how good they are, its 1 of the better options for me money wise cos at min im only using it for pinking n just every other week on the range. when money is flowin again ill get a leupold or sumthing ... but there f****n pricey over here !

anyway.... the eye relief is crap n ive to take off all the spacers to get proper view ! still interestted to see how well it will shoot tomorrow !

·
Registered
8 Posts
I like the magnified optics but disliked the red dot. So I made my own compromise using a Doc sight.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts