HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,651 Posts
Not at all difficult when an HDPS stock block is used.
More work and money, but well worth it... are the receiver graft conversions done by chopstix or Tommy.

·
Registered
70 Posts
The cut-and-weld job is expensive, but will give you a very close equivalent to an issue G36. The adapters work well, but they add length and also cost a fair chunk of the cash you will wish you had saved to have Tbostic or Chopstix Kid do the job properly. This thread will lay it all out and is a great starting point for the decision-making chain: http://www.hkpro.com/forum/hk-reference-library/124810-sl8-g36-conversion-reference-faq.html I am going through the same thing right now, and am gathering the necessary US-made parts so I can send my rifle off to Tbostic for the cut-and-weld job as soon as I can-- it's a sickness! :19:

·
Registered
285 Posts
The stock block changes the length of pull, and I beleive it blocks the ejection port/can't be locked in a closed position. But that may not be a problem for you. I don't know if they recommend firing the G36 with the stock closed either.

·
Registered
2,473 Posts
I have the HDPS stock block with the G36C stock attached. The length of pull feels fine to me since I have longer arms, but it does not resemble a real G36 as the chop and graft conversions do and you cannot fire the weapon with the stock in the closed position. I did it once to see what would happen, and it fired once (as expected) and the empty casing stovepiped since the stock blocked it from ejecting.

I plan on upgrading to the cut and grafting conversion when it is feasible for me financially.

They look amazing and I really look forward to having it done to mine when the time is right. I bought my conversion which had the TN/SW type conversion which has the stock block and pistol grip lower as once piece and it was of poor quality compared to the HK and HDPS parts, so if anything, I do not recommend that type of conversion using the TN/SW parts.

I would suggest saving a little more money and going with the Tommy or Dakota Tactical conversions.

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
I too, have the HDPS block. I don't mind the longer pull. I have long arms. Personally, for what I paid for the block, easy conversion I did myself and I can change it back (if I ever wanted to). True I cannot fire my gun with the stock folded closed, but I don't see that being realistic.

Either way- whether you spend the $$$ for a true graft of the receiver stub, or just get a block- it will be a cool gun.

·
Registered
765 Posts
Just an FYI:
If your question is about the legality of it, it is federally legal. If you convert only the stock, (whether you use an adapter block, or you have it grafted) you will not have to worry about 922(r). If you do the receiver modification for double stacked magazines, then you have to meet the parts count limitation of 922(r).

Wyoming tends to lean towards more liberty with gun laws, but you should still check your state/local laws before adding a folding stock to the weapon.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts