HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 285 Posts

·
Premium Member
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Can we start a G36/G36 Conversion/Clone picture thread? I have been talking with some members about my recently completed "K" clone of the new HK/Walther G36 .22LR and I have starting working on a "C" HK/Walther in .22. I love the G36 and will be getting a 5.56 conversion "C" soon and would love to have a picture thread showing members -36s in one thread. To start the thread I included the pic of the .22LR "K" and a photo of my friends real G36KE we shoot every now and then. I know a lot of you members have a lot of great G36 conversions/clones and have hands-on real ones and since I did not find a G36 thread please jump in and start it! Here is my humble start:

·
Premium Member
1,124 Posts
Nice! Fine looking 36c you've got there! The 550 is a beauty, you don't see any of those with too many miles on them here in the States. FAMAS and a B&T can too!

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Is that one yours? Who did the engravings! They look great!
Thank you! It's actually a demilled G36K parts kit, so the engraving you see is original heat pressed factory markings. I spent a lot of time filling in the gaps where the receiver was cut and aligning the receiver chunks to look straight in Photoshop. If you look carefully, you can see some lines above the magazine well and trigger group where I copy and pasted existing intact areas to cover the open spots, and tried to blend them as best as I could. There are also some wavy spots, but I got them 99% or so.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Amazing job. looks just like the real deal! There is something genuinely sexy about the G36K. I remember, back in the days, when I saw this gun in the PC game Rainbow Six. It was by far the most futuristic and good looking rifle. Still today, it is the coolest one among the G36 family. The stock one is a bit too long, 36C looks like a compressed pug but K is just so well balanced!

I like it even more with the stock Hensoldt red dot, even though it is sub standard compared to newer red dots ofc. People must be quite interested when you bring it to the range! The select fire trigger group is original or engraved as well?

·
Registered
2,462 Posts
Amazing job. looks just like the real deal! There is something genuinely sexy about the G36K. I remember, back in the days, when I saw this gun in the PC game Rainbow Six. It was by far the most futuristic and good looking rifle. Still today, it is the coolest one among the G36 family. The stock one is a bit too long, 36C looks like a compressed pug but K is just so well balanced!

I like it even more with the stock Hensoldt red dot, even though it is sub standard compared to newer red dots ofc. People must be quite interested when you bring it to the range! The select fire trigger group is original or engraved as well?
Thank you, and I agree!

All of the parts are original HK. It is a parts kit with a destroyed receiver that I photoshopped as mentioned in my previous post to look like a complete G36 so I do not take it to the range as it cannot function. I do have an SL8-1/G36K conversion that almost looks the same, it just has an extended pinned and welded on flash hider for the barrel to meet legal Title I length, and a semi automatic SL8-1 trigger group in an FBI 2 position trigger housing. I'm going to SBR it soon. That conversion does get a lot of attention at the range! Some people have no idea what it is, so they ask questions. Every once in a while some people will ask what type of AR it is too. And rarely you run into someone who knows what it actually is!

·
Registered
40 Posts
Thanks, I have Tom Bostic doing another one for me now with the Knights armament handguard he's gonna duracoat it coyote tan as well Ill have to post some pics up once it's done, I'm just doing the custom SL8 stock with the HK KV stock and not the full conversion. That option keeps the length of pull the same or a little less than the full conversion, so if you're on a budget it's a great way to go, I just had to buy the hanguard , KV Stock, G36 bolt & magwell so you don't have to purchase an entire demilled kit and pay to have the g36 stub polymer welded, if you provide the KV Stock he charges 150 to do the custom stock , 225$ to mill n fill the magwell, 150$ to reprofile the barrel, then if you want duracoat another 300$ but it saves u at least a thousand from not having to buy a demilled G36

·
Registered
40 Posts
As you can see above in the pic that has the full conversion and the one with the KV stock the length of pull is a little less with the stock collapsed

Only downside is it's a fixed stock not a folding one

·
Registered
430 Posts
As you can see above in the pic that has the full conversion and the one with the KV stock the length of pull is a little less with the stock collapsed

Only downside is it's a fixed stock not a folding one
Good stuff! Where do you think Tom gets the KAC parts for his G36 conversions?

I would not mind swapping my top rail for one of those KAC 2-set top rails...

·
Registered
430 Posts
here is a new video of my 243 with the new top rail btw! looks even better, but I need a pair of backup sights..

1 - 20 of 285 Posts