HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when attaching the fbi g36 lower to the sl8 receiver are there any mods that need to be performed to the lower? if so what mods and does anyone have a detailed description, process, or pictures so i know what to do. i'm waiting for a tom bostic conversion block and want everything ready to go once i get it.
any input is helpful. thanks

·
Registered
99 Posts
when attaching the fbi g36 lower to the sl8 receiver are there any mods that need to be performed to the lower? if so what mods and does anyone have a detailed description, process, or pictures so i know what to do. i'm waiting for a tom bostic conversion block and want everything ready to go once i get it.
any input is helpful. thanks

Nothing except for drilling out the sear hole and inserting the much larger pin included with your Bostic conversion kit.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is that true for even the 1.5 kit, cuz that is the one he's making for me?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
of the new hole and pin so i can see roughly how big of a hole i'm gonna have to drill and does the new pin insert the same way as the other pins? also does a hole have to be drilled on the lower for the inner block? sorry for so many questions, i know you have the most experience with tom's blocks, i was actually hoping you'd be the one to answer this thread before i posted it.

·
Registered
285 Posts
hey

I thought you have to take a little off the G36 lower also? I believe this is the case. I saw this in another post. Look at the differances in the SL8 lower and the G36 lower where they meet the upper receiver in the front.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
yeah that's what i thought too and i think it was boomfab that mentioned it. i sold my sl8 lower and i don't have anything to go off of that's another reason a pic would have helped. and i don't have the stock block yet so i haven't had a chance to line everything up and see what does what where. ya know? but i know smglee has ventured on many a g36 conversion and should know what he's talking about, i've studied every blog of his like scripture so, i guess i'll have to wait for more posts for verification.
thanks though

·
Registered
99 Posts
The top edge of the trigger housing can be filed down a little in order for the tirgger housing to fit better, but i never did and the housing fit just right. just a little tight.

all i did was just drill out the holes on either side of the trigger housing. the over sized pin is provided by Tom Bostic.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts