HKPRO Forums banner

What marking should I go with for my SBR G36?

• G36

Votes: 8 47.1%
  • G36KC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • G36K/C

Votes: 4 23.5%
  • Other

Votes: 1 5.9%
  • Dude, you're WAY overthinking this...

Votes: 5 29.4%
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
260 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I've got my Form 1 for my G36, and I was originally going to do a "K" setup, but in my research realized that would be somewhat limiting. If I went with a "C" length, I could always convert up to a K (or CQB, or even an E) without any legal issues. Conversely, if I did the Form 1 for a K, I could not downsize to a C without re-filing the paperwork/stamp, etc. I like the advantages of both the K and C length and anticipate having both barrels at hand to switch out as needed. I realize this is a purely aesthetic question, but I value the experience of the group and their opinion on this one.

So, here's my question for the group: What should I have the rifle marked as when Chop redoes the engravings? G36, G36KC, G36K/C, or something else entirely?

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Just saw your email. Will call you this weekend. My voicemail is FINALLY fixed.

·
Registered
765 Posts
So, I've got my Form 1 for my G36, and I was originally going to do a "K" setup, but in my research realized that would be somewhat limiting. If I went with a "C" length, I could always convert up to a K (or CQB, or even an E) without any legal issues. Conversely, if I did the Form 1 for a K, I could not downsize to a C without re-filing the paperwork/stamp, etc.
Since when? SBR is SBR, it doesn't matter what the length is, as long as the receiver is registered.
Unless things have changed, it only becomes an issue if you try to transfer the weapon. If you really want to cover yourself, though, simply send them a letter telling them what you did or plan to do. Request that they send back a copy with a "received" stamp on it.
EDIT: recommend you send the letter with return receipt.

As for markings, I would just do G36. Regardless of what you mark it with, the marking won't be accurate all the time.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts