HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This might sound wierd, but I have a question, curiosity wise that I'd like to see if anyone can answer.

Question: Would a SL8 thumbhole stock fit onto a G36k and from anyone doing the SL8 / G36 conversion, what would you say are the handling differences?

I was having a discussion with a friend about the FN P90 design and I suddenly pondered the above question. I might attempt a photochop to see how it looks tomorrow, but until then, would be keen to hear your thoughts guys!

·
Registered
1,089 Posts
The thumbhole stock will not fit on the G36. But you could just do an SL8/G36K conversion and leave the thumbhole stock on it, thats what I did and I think it looks awesome. I feel like I have a bit more control of the gun with the thumbhole rather than a pistol grip.

·
Registered
532 Posts
Two things, actually;

1) if you're mounting this on an SL8 with hi-cap mag conversion here in the U.S., then you need to be aware of the import restrictions regarding parts count. Going the ATFE Form 1 SBR route obviously circumvents this issue.

2) the thumbhole stock for the SL8 has a precarious weight at the rear built into the buttpad and attempts to better balance the weapon for target shooting. When mounted to a G36 (conversion), I would think this would add unnecessary weight to an otherwise lightweight weapon.

Those things stated, I actually like the looks of the thumbhole stock on the SL8 and if you get a recent import, you can have your stock in black, as well. The black stock better compliments a G36 conversion, in my view. HTH,

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
wow! Thanks for the info and especially the picture, it looks gorgeous :D

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
lol, if you can figure out a way of getting to me legally in the UK i'm up for trying :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts