HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
That's like asking "Do you know something about problems that afflict cars?" :)

Can you be more specific?

·
Registered
32 Posts
sorry but I'm Italian:00000: :00000: :00000:

Someone told me that upper receiver breaks near the barrel exstension.........
You may have heard about a problem with the sl8. Some of the early ones had a problem with a tiny little crack developing under the bolt hold open lug. This was not structural, did not effect the gun other than to sometimes stop the hold open from working. HK said the crack was "just cosmetic" and not to worry about it. This responce really annoyed every sl8 owner I know and after a bit if fuss, HK changed it's policy to one of "replace the lower, no questions asked". The new and replacement lowers have been redesigned and I have yet to hear of one cracking.

·
Premium Member
1,045 Posts
Ive never heard of that and we had no trouble with the G36s we used in the German military. I have heard of one individual, a US civilain, who partially melted a G36 reciever but he dumped a Beta Mag thru it using a suppressor, not a good idea with any weapon. To be honest, Im old fashioned and prefer the G3 but the G36 is a very reliable weapon. I do think the stock is flimsy on it.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Nylon 66 melts at 400 degrees. Some people "claim" that prolonged full-auto shooting will melt the trunion right out of the receiver but I have yet to hear someone actually confirm that it has happened to them.

·
Premium Member
2,519 Posts
My local PD claims that they melted some UMPs in 40 cal after a few mags.

·
Registered
70 Posts
I highly doubt you would be able to melt a UMP or G36 under normal conditions.

Now if you tried I am sure you could but you can destroy any gun if you try.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts