HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to put a FIXED target stock on an SL8/G36 conversion. I want to know if anyone has attached a non-G36 stock to a SL8/G36 conversion, e.g. a stock from an AR-15 or something (which would be a hard fit, I know).

To start, I know that HK doesn't make a fixed stock or a target stock. I also know The-Company-That-Must-Not-Be-Named has produced a few one-piece pistol grip/stock conversions for SL8's.

So - the question is has anyone tried fitting some other type of stock to an SL8/G36 and if so how did it work?

The reason I want to do this (since you're wondering) is two-fold. First I live in the borderline communist state of New York. (Run from the cackle of Hillary Clinton...) NY has an "assault weapons" ban that mirrors federal law, meaning that 2 "evil" features are illegal. (You can't have a PG and a folding stock.) The second reason is that regardless of all that I really don't want a G36 in an "assault" setup. The SL8 is such a neat accurate rifle to shoot with that great barrel it just seems like a shame to turn it into an entry weapon. A one-of-a-kind "G36 Sniper" is another matter though.

I will appreciate any input from anyone.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, Thanks

I have seen a different stock setup for the SL8, its from a German website... I suppose you can use Buffer tube stocks on it... Not exactly sure, but you can check it out:

http://www.sl-8.de/Misc/misc.html
http://www.sl-8.de/hardcore.html
What a great post. Thanks. I speak some German so I went over those websites. The second one ("hardcore") is talking about grip and shoulder stock adapters that allow the use of AR-15 parts. It says that the should stock adapter will allow the attacment of a variety of stocks including stocks folding to the left and right. So, no apparent reason you couldn't attach a Magpul or something similar. Anyway I am going to write to the company and see if they sell this. (I didn't see a price.) I'll post if they write back and whether they speak English. To my knowledge there's no reason they can't just fill out a customs form and mail one to me, but there may be a restriction under the Weapons Law...

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
They will ship to America, not sure if they speak english.

Used Babel fish to translate (always translate back to english to make sure it didn't get screwed up, babel fish is not so wonderful).

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I got a reply (in English). They said that the adapter is a one-piece affair that allows the use of both AR-15 stocks and AR-15 pistol girps. In addition, you can use an AR-15 match trigger. So, you could not use it to build with a G-36 pistol grip. Personally I'd like to use a G-36 FCG but the idea of dropping in a nice clean trigger is tempting. Interestingly he also said that they have thought about making an AR-15 stock adapter for the SW stock assembly, but this is something they won't get to until next year. With the stock, pistol grip, and trigger options you would get with this, it would open up a lot of possibilities, althought it wouldn't look too much like a G-36. Hmmmmm...

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They just told me that they charge about 1300 Euros for a complete PG/Stock/lower/match trigger assembly. They will sell it for 970 Euros without the ACE stock assembly. Also they said they have a couple scratched units they will sell for 750 Euros. It's about $1.40 USD on the Euro right now (deficit spending in action).

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
this is waaayyyy early, but I've got a design that is much less than the above, allows you to take advantage of what the SL8 offers, and does not violate 922r. with any luck will have a prototype in about a month to show and pre-production units after that..... :)

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes, there is a bolt release in the trigger guard. Here's the message I received:
With this lower you can use any AR15 stock on the market - foldable or
fixed- your choice. Also you can use a large number of pistol grips for the AR15.
And, of course, we have installed AR15 match grade triggers (3lbs trigger pull) instead of the SL8 plastic group.
Another "goodie" is the integrated bolt catch that will allow you to release the bolt after reloding or cocking with just a fingertip to the button inside the trigger guard instead of pulling the cocking handle.
So, there is much more invention as just a AR15 stock option.

For the future we are planing a adapter for the [can't name this company] pistol grip for the SL8 to use AR15 stocks.
But this is just a project for the future right now - we will not chip any metal for this project this year.
Obviously what would be good for those of us in the states would be the stripped lower only. No reason to import AR-15 parts that will then need to be replaced to avoid the "10 parts" rule.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Well im glad the site turned out to be something fruitful! 970-750 euro's tho, thats a huge chunk of cash.....

+1 to them selling the stripped lower, would probably sell more, especially to the US. Tiger888, i'd be interested to see your design, as many people here probably are!

·
Registered
434 Posts
Lets see if they have intrest in selling the bolt catch, that would not be part of the conversion they are offering and it looks like that part is good to go already. Hey, it may open some revenue to look more seriously at us across the pond.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts