HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
288 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
These things are just so awesome... I dont know why there aren't anything like it for other rifle!

I am curious about the compatibility of this rail with other rifle. I like PS90 and FS2000, can this somehow be mounted on one of those? What kind of mounting system do they have and what are the possible modification that can be done to it so it can probably go onto a picatiny rail?

·
Registered
65 Posts
I thought the PS90 ans the FS2000 also have some sort of factory optics system? Honestly, I could not butcher this to put onto another rifle, but I'm sure it can be done with the right amount of money!

·
Premium Member
1,140 Posts
I didn't like the one I had both red dot and scope to small and hard to see for me.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
I don't want to bash your thread, just share my experiences with that set-up. In my opinion, here's the problem with that sighting system:

I've gotten to shoot quite a few G36's while here and the German marksmanship course that requires the usage of the G36. The course they run here is modified and more stringent. It requires 1 shot on five seperate targets (about 2' apart) in 8 seconds, then another string at 6 sec, and another at 4. This is done at two different ranges, 20m then 10m. You get to sight in with 5 rounds, but not adjust the sights. It's only so you'll know where to "hold". The only optic allowed is the red dot (the magnified takes too long anyway) and the eye relief is poor.

The biggest problem is the height of the optic. Guys were unwittingly canting the gun to one side which was completely throwing off the POA/POI due to that tall optic. Bench shooting is fine, but anything that requires fast transitions is tricky unless you get used to the weapon. Unfortunately a lot of the guys here had never even seen let alone handle or shoot the G36.

We watched a Marine General's Army PSD guy shoot the pistol version 7 TIMES to pass, and while inspecting the pistol target, the German doing the grading pulled out his USP/P8 and fired a round into the target for him to even score bronze!!! Then he complains that he's not used to the length of the G36 (not short like his M4) so they obliged him with a G36K which he proceeded to fail on as well. Embarassing.

·
Registered
1,129 Posts
Don't change your mind on my part. If you plan on only bench shooting it (what else would you use it for in it's current SL8 10rd mag configuration) then it'll work just fine. I'm just sharing my views on it using it for stress shoots.

There are definitely better optics out there than stock.

·
Registered
11 Posts
When we first purchased our G36Ks in the early 2000's (before my time) they came with the factory dual optic. Every officer on the team who was around for those universally hates them for a variety of reasons. We have since switched to aimpoints on the standard G36 sight rail.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts