HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I am in the middle of pricing out a clone of the SSG KR variant of the G36 rifle (through a TommyBuilt TG36 clone) and I am pretty stumped on what brand of rings the KSK is using.

I think that the bipod is likely a Harris sling stud 6''-9'' bipod with smooth legs on a pic rail adapter on what looks like a cut-down bottom rail (I haven't seen an -E length bottom rail that is that short).

And obviously, the scope is an S&B short dot, but who makes those scope rings? I would absolutely appreciate any insight into this. Below are some photos:

·
Registered
2,360 Posts
Those might be ERA-TAC 2 piece rings.

I thought that was their buis on the top, but in the camo'd pic not sure anymore.

Just FYI, the optic is the Schmidt & Bender 1.5-6x20mm Short Dot. It's discontinued along with the older 1.1-4x20 models, and is even more challenging to find.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Those might be ERA-TAC 2 piece rings.

I thought that was their buis on the top, but in the camo'd pic not sure anymore.

Just FYI, the optic is the Schmidt & Bender 1.5-6x20mm Short Dot. It's discontinued along with the older 1.1-4x20 models, and is even more challenging to find.
Hmm, ERA-TAC rings seem to be a little shorter in overall height than in the photos.

Edit: Oh I see what you mean by the BUIS though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Yeah dms16, you seem to be right, the KSK absolutely use ERATAC rings. I do wonder what BUIS they were using though. Here's a more recent pic of one of their rifles:

It matches the previous photos, though I would venture that the rings from the helicopter photo are 1.38'' or higher.

·
Premium Member
1,410 Posts
Im diggin the pics in this thread....good shtuff!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im diggin the pics in this thread....good shtuff!!
It's been much harder than I thought to find photos of the KSK G36's in their light sniper configuration! Everything here is essentially all I could find. And besides the scope, everything else is sort of guesswork when it comes to the exact model of ring and bipod.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts