HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Found this company on the web http://www.hdps.org/index.htm
that is making an updated Stock Block for the Sl8 to G36k conversions. Below is the status of my G36 project, top-notch stock and all. I like the "C" length stock because it seems to work better to get the right eye relief on the HK dual optic scope. I like the hdps block, because you can go to the separate trigger group and stock block like the real G36. So anyway was going to order a stock block, and a 3 pos Navy trigger group from them. Does anyone know anything about Homeland Security and Police Supply Corp. and their HK parts? and is there anything else I should know before attempting this switch? other parts I will need, etc.....thanks.

·
Registered
685 Posts
Ed at HDPS is one of the best out there. I have been using his parts and service for a couple years now.
He does A+ work and his parts are some of the highest quality.

·
Banned
366 Posts
Ed rocks. High recommend him. When I was going my USC/UMP conversion he was great help. I didn't even pay him to convert my fire controls in my lowers because funds were short so he walked me threw it on the phone.

He actually stayed on the phone while I preformed each step until my lower receivers fire controls were swapped from my USC lower to my UMP lower.

Then when I was looking for compliance parts, he sent me one of his HDPS US made triggers before they were officially for sale, first one off the line was sent to me so I didn't have to spend almost $300 on a US made barrel with my already streched budget.

Unfortunately, I had to put my USC/UMP up for sale due to some resent bills but the man absolutely rocks as far as customer service and tech support. HDPS products are top notch and he has some of the lowest prices on HK factory parts too.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for all of the positive feedback on the guy. I have had a little problem getting a hold of him. I have emailed him 2 or 3 times over the last 4 days and have yet to get a response. I'm sure he is busy. So I faxed him my order and questions. Still have not heard anything, but hopefully I'll get some of the next batch when ready and hear back from him soon. I have not tried calling him, as his website says email is the best, and the phone keeps him away from his work.

·
Banned
366 Posts
Yeah thats not like him. I've never had a reply take more then 8 to 12 hours and I've sent him dozens of emails.

My guess is he is out of the office is all. No worries, the guys great and his customer service is top notch unlike Top Notch. Yes, pun intended lol.. Crap, I'm going to get sued now lol. ;)

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
You like the HDPS block. I had one on my Version-1 of my converion. The fit on the stock is tight, real tight, so you won't have to worry about stock "play" when it is extended and you won't need to worry about it flapping all over the place when the stock is collapsed.

NOTE: You'll need to use a genuine HK stock or do mods to the TN stock to make the TN-made stock fit correctly. Additionally, you're adding 2-more imported parts (the genuine stock and the genuine grip) so keep that in mind as well for 922(r) assuming you didn't Form-1 it.

·
Premium Member
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Update, still have not heard back from Hdps, has anyone been in touch with Ed there this past week? The blocks I see are out there on Gunbroker too, so there must be a new batch completed.

Would really like to get one. Hope I hear back from them soon.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Had Ed work on my SL8 Reciever and bought one of his blocks right before Christmas. Got everything in about a two week turn around. He has always answered the e-mails i've sent him. Well worth it !

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,213 Posts
Update, still have not heard back from Hdps, has anyone been in touch with Ed there this past week? The blocks I see are out there on Gunbroker too, so there must be a new batch completed.

Would really like to get one. Hope I hear back from them soon.
He might be on vacation. If you're just buying the block and aren't going to have him do any work, just pick one up from someone who's selling one.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts