HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Me again!

Maybe this was ask before but I'd like to convert my s SL8 barrel to K or C specs.

Anyone got the right dimension?Drawings?

Gas block location?

Vent hole dimension?

How about the gas piston?Can it be shortened?

:28:

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Anyone?????????

Me again!

Maybe this was ask before but I'd like to convert my s SL8 barrel to K or C specs.

Anyone got the right dimension?Drawings?

Gas block location?

Vent hole dimension?

How about the gas piston?Can it be shortened?

:28:
Anyone?

·
Registered
157 Posts
Good luck

Maybe you will be the one who can make an SL8 barrel work in a "C" configuration. Many say the gas op-rod will break, bolt will be damaged, gas block will crack or whatever. Spend the money for real HK parts here as many have had problems after 200-300 rounds or even less. I know at this point someone will say "you are wrong, mine has worked for 1000 rounds" but he will be the minority.

My .02 cents

·
Registered
285 Posts
I agree Bill

I agree with you Bill, dont grind and cut on the SL8 barrel. Its alraedy a beauty and besides you can interchange them when you have both. my .02

·
Registered
59 Posts

Probably not the record for bringing back a dead thread back to life but it's got to be up there.

Did anyone ever come up with the C variant profile specifics. I've been chatting with my smith and he's willing to give it a shot with one of his 5.56 blanks if I can get him the specs.

So far all I've been able to source is the trunnion tool diagram, gas port diameter, overall length, threading rate and barrel twist rate. But nothing on the specific dimensions of the barrel and the retaining nut.

Worst case senario I can give him either the K barrel or SL8 barrel and he can take measurements from that but I'd like to give him the specifics if I could. So if you've got these drawings squirreled away somewhere feel free to give me a pm. Mines been a K for too long... it needs the C love.

·
Registered
415 Posts
I think chopstix kid would be able to help you.

·
Registered
59 Posts
I think chopstix kid would be able to help you.
Actually I believe he is. I pm'd him directly earlier and he's indicated he'll do some measuring so a big thanks there. This is a more general enquiry. I believe Chops does a lot of conversion work in knocking down SL8 barrels to C version length. This is more of an enquiry as to what the actual dimensions are as the plan is to attempt to make one ground up from a blank. I want to keep the original as is.

I was hoping that there were those out there that would have the design spec's or significantly more mechanical aptitude that myself and access to a C barrel to be able to make the required measurement to make a barrel and barrel retaining nut... or best case senario perhaps even the gas block from scratch. Then its just a matter of adding the piston, FH and sping rod assembly and walla; your in sweet C heaven.

It's been tougher that I'd had originally thought though sourcing the info. But the budda's on HKPro have yet to let me down in over 6 yrs. There has to be a jedi out there with the info or the skill base/tools to find it measure it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts