HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Engage Armament in Rockville, MD has some G36K clones for sale. They worked with Tom Bostic to produce them. I'd never heard of the company before, but Tom's reputation for quality made me comfortable enough to order one sight unseen. I know for many, parts hunting is half the fun, but I already have enough projects I'm piecing together. I've never handled a G36 before (though I do have an SL8), so I don't have a reference as to how they're supposed to feel, but this one seems great. It's much lighter than I expected. It's begging to be SBR'd. Hopes this helps anyone else that happens to be looking for something like this.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
Definitely SBR it! Tommy built my G36K, so I would expect the ones he made for Engage Armament to be just as amazing. I don't treat my G36K like a safe queen either. It has honest wear through a lot of use at the range, and training. I clean it thoroughly after every range session, and do not abuse it, but it has around 10,000 rounds through her. Bolt carrier is having nice cosmetic wear too on the parked finish. Your G36K will serve you well.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Engage did the SBR engraving on two of my lowers, very good work. I saw one of the G36k's while I was there. They looked outstanding.

OP, glad you got one.

·
Registered
748 Posts
Are they conversions or true clones? I'm also interested in the price.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
748 Posts
I assume they are SL8 conversions. I don't think any clone receivers are available as of this posting.
And that was my interest. It seems like they wouldnt be that hard to make.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

·
The Librarian
MP5-N and HK23E-K
5,471 Posts
Looks like Engage Armament does AR15 only but like Star Wars and G36 like Tommy. I'm curious, so please report back OP.

·
I Bleed Urban Gray
2,394 Posts
Engage did the SBR engraving on two of my lowers, very good work. I saw one of the G36k's while I was there. They looked outstanding.

OP, glad you got one.
Dave, did you catch the price? Last time I saw G36 (not Ks) clones at Engage (2 years ago) they were on the order of $5000. What are these?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
In the past it was always, "Contact them directly for the price." Now it appears to be, "I can only rely on an anonymous person from the internet to tell me what 5 minutes and a telephone can accomplish." Seriously, call them...here is their phone number (301) 838-3151. They are open to 7 PM eastern time.

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
In the past it was always, "Contact them directly for the price." Now it appears to be, "I can only rely on an anonymous person from the internet to tell me what 5 minutes and a telephone can accomplish." Seriously, call them...here is their phone number (301) 838-3151. They are open to 7 PM eastern time.
LOL!!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
My guess is around $5-6,000 to make a decent profit.

Figure $1,500 for an SL8 if you get a good deal, $1,600+ on a kit or parts if you get a good deal, plus $1,000 give or take on the work to build it. And then there is 922r.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
You guys are hilarious. Nzfly's comment is priceless. When I heard these were available I dropped them an email and they got back to me right away. I was thinking like Sweera, but what's the harm in asking? Rhetorical question as I'm now into this one for $4605 all in. Seems like a smoking deal for one ready-to-go. There are pictures of them on Engage Armament's Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/engagearmamentllc/). The pic posted a week ago shows just enough detail to get you excited. Seriously, though, don't take my word for it. Give them a call. Friendly folks.

·
Registered
2,469 Posts
You guys are hilarious. Nzfly's comment is priceless. When I heard these were available I dropped them an email and they got back to me right away. I was thinking like Sweera, but what's the harm in asking? Rhetorical question as I'm now into this one for $4605 all in. Seems like a smoking deal for one ready-to-go. There are pictures of them on Engage Armament's Instagram (https://www.instagram.com/engagearmamentllc/). The pic posted a week ago shows just enough detail to get you excited. Seriously, though, don't take my word for it. Give them a call. Friendly folks.
Wow, not a bad deal! I'd love to see some nice pictures after it arrives. It appears they have some custom engraving. Nice score. You will love it.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts