HKPRO Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here is a G36K that I picked up from a Department. The entire gun was hydro dipped. Took a lot of work but was able to get the hydro dip off and get it looking halfway decent. Only part I wasn’t able to salvage was the stock. You can see that they cut the stock and spliced it to shorten it up. I also bought a new front sight and waiting on a new mechanical rear sight.
It’s not new but a lot better than when I got it.

·
Premium Member
25 Posts
Looks good. A local department was issuing a G36? Wish mine would LOL. Our SWAT guys had MP7s for a while and they were very nice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I acquired it as a post dealer sample. Most departments are offloading or cutting up their FAs to sell as parts :cry:

·
Registered
3,211 Posts
@sigbrown1297 Glad to see this restoration of that fine g36 goingbso well and looking great!

Like @skullbox mentioned what method did you use to remove the hydro dip?

·
Premium Member
2,822 Posts
Looks great, nice work!

Very surprising to me that a department would have camo’ed the gun like that and shortened the stock, that is more what a “fan boy” does than a police agency.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: rickj1nd

·
Premium Member
1,106 Posts
Looks great, nice work!

Very surprising to me that a department would have camo’ed the gun like that and shortened the stock, that is more what a “fan boy” does than a police agency.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
if the stock is too long with body armor on it makes sense to shorten the rear stock to fit

·
Premium Member
1,187 Posts
I wouldn't have changed a thing, please re hydro dip please. :)

·
Premium Member
3,020 Posts
Hydro dipping always looks so fake and cheesy. The camo pattern lines are always too sharp, and it makes a real gun look like a toy. I honestly prefer the look of a rattle-can spray paint job with a little over spray. It might look a little messier, but always looks more authentic as well. Just my 2 cents.

Nice gun, OP!

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
What did you use to remove the hydrodip?
Acetone. The top film which has the color will come up pretty easily but the adhesive residue will not come off unless you scrub with a brush. The acetone is safe on most plastics/polymer, but don't use it on clear plastics. It will ruin it.

·
Registered
358 Posts
A local department was issuing a G36? Wish mine would LOL.
If you ever see a motorcycle cop in Fairfax, VA, there is a metal pizza box on the back of the bike that has a G36C in in it.

Our SWAT guys had MP7s for a while and they were very nice.
MP7 entry and clearing- when you want to be overmatched by every single person you encounter, not carrying a .22 LR.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts