HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:25:Anybody used the Russian Tullamo steel case 223 ammo on G36K? semi converted from SL8.

Thnx,
Troy

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
It should work fine. Everyone is going to jump down your throat and tell you not to use that "junk" in an HK. I shoot it in all of mine.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thnx, I stopped using the Tullamo 308/762 on my POF 308 it chipped the bolt and did not cycle until I replaced it, On the 223 ammo I will test it this Sunday with my Ar15, I grabbed a 1000 rounds by mistake last time I was at a Gunshow :=( If it starts giving problems I probably just give it away to the next guy on the shooting bench from me...

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
I have shot hundreds of rounds of Tula through a G36K postie (video in the DT section and on my YouTube page) without issue. In my 416 1.4" postie however, the last round BHO would occasionally fail due to it having a bit weaker charge.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thnx, I stopped using the Tullamo 308/762 on my POF 308 it chipped the bolt and did not cycle until I replaced it, On the 223 ammo I will test it this Sunday with my Ar15, I grabbed a 1000 rounds by mistake last time I was at a Gunshow :=( If it starts giving problems I probably just give it away to the next guy on the shooting bench from me...

What range Sunday?
I ran 300 rounds last weekend. Not a single issue.

·
Registered
1,262 Posts
I have shot hundreds of rounds of Tula through a G36K postie (video in the DT section and on my YouTube page) without issue. In my 416 1.4" postie however, the last round BHO would occasionally fail due to it having a bit weaker charge.
Thanks for the info. Would it be possible to elaborate on the issue and what design features cause the G36 to do better with steel cased ammo compared to your 416? From what I heard from G3 kurz, the G36 was tested to fire a wider variety of ammo than the HK416.

·
Premium Member
278 Posts
Put about 100 rds thru my Tbostic G36E conversion no problem. Except point of impact is about 2'' lower than lake city green tip at 100 yards.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Thanks for the info. Would it be possible to elaborate on the issue and what design features cause the G36 to do better with steel cased ammo compared to your 416? From what I heard from G3 kurz, the G36 was tested to fire a wider variety of ammo than the HK416.
Could be that my 416 is a 10.4". Not sure if a 14.5" would experience the same issue.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
its times like this I wish I had one of those popcorn pictures waiting for the sh*t tossing show to start
Stirrin' the pot, eh? Lol.

·
Registered
316 Posts
actually, my G36 conversion WILL NOT cycle steel case (AT ALL). It appears to short stroke as each round manually loaded fires and ejects, but it WILL NOT pick up the next round. I have yet to hear a reason for this.

·
H&K Certified Armorer
8,216 Posts
Thanks for the clarification. Is the lack of the vent hole in the 10" guns most likely the cause of the issue? Thanks.
Just the opposite. The 10.4" guns do have not have the bleed-off hole so all the gas can be spent on cycling the action. More than likely the barrel is too short to get enough gas into the system thus weaker ammo will have issues.

actually, my G36 conversion WILL NOT cycle steel case (AT ALL). It appears to short stroke as each round manually loaded fires and ejects, but it WILL NOT pick up the next round. I have yet to hear a reason for this.
Have you tested to see if your carrier is dragging? Disassemble the gun and see if the carrier slides freely within the receiver. Other than that, you've got a barrel/gas system issue... Possibly a barrel that was cut too short or a gas block that was improperly moved or plugged. While I have never shot
Tula thought one of my own coversions, I have shot plenty of Wolf and other cheap ammo without issue.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts