HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even though the tv series is set in 70s, it features G36s. Though the production design seems to be intentionally ambiguous.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
haven't watched this week's episode yet. I like the show so far. It got picked up for a 2nd season. A slightly faster pace would help I think, not significantly faster, just pick it up a tad.

·
Priest of the P7
5,031 Posts
haven't watched this week's episode yet. I like the show so far. It got picked up for a 2nd season. A slightly faster pace would help I think, not significantly faster, just pick it up a tad.
Love this show, wasn't aware it was set in the 70s. Are you presuming that from the fashion?

·
Registered
2,474 Posts
That '70s Show showed Star Wars figures from the early '00s. So it's not the first time shows indirectly contain time travel.

·
Priest of the P7
5,031 Posts
I think I need to challenge the assertion that the events transpiring in Legion (season finale tonight) occur in the 1970s, which I believe to be assumed because of the fashion which I personally think is just an incongruous stylistic quirk of Noah Hawley.

If you'll excuse a short geek out, Farouk (who was possessed by the Shadow King who had existed since the dawn of man) was defeated and killed by Charles Xavier in 1971, an event that we now know preceeded the possession of David by the Shadow King. In the show, David is at least 25yrs old. I don't think the events in Legion could have happened before the mid 1990s.

Has anyone seen it stated somewhere by the show's creators that it takes place in the 70s?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts