HKPRO Forums banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
I have been contemplating the same conversion with TSC for the last year.
Does any one have any pictures of there G3K TSC masterpieces?

·
Registered
1,135 Posts
I've had my HK 91 for a few months and I love this rifle more than a human baby. I'm considering a conversion to a G3K with tax return $$. I don't look forward to the year long wait for the form 1 approval and as the rifle is now it is truly a remarkable shooter. For those of you that have done this conversion, was it worth it? Who performed your conversion and how long did it take. I'm a little reluctant to dramatically alter such a fine rifle, but I love the aesthetics of the G3K and I can't help but think the more compact set up would enhance the balance/handling etc. Talk me into/out of this process.
OP It is your rifle so if that is what you want then you should go for it. I know TSC does great work and I am sure it would be awesome. I personally only own clones because HKs are too expensive for me. If I actually managed to get the money together to buy an original HK91 there is no way I would cut it up especially when just the parts and work would be more expensive than buying a G3K clone or having one custom built.

Personally I would probably go with a PTR91K. You could buy one, SBR it, switch furniture and internals to all HK and still have way less money in it than just the conversion at TSC would cost not to mention the cost of the donor rifle.

If you wanted a closer clone you could buy a PTR receiver or one of the flats, a Rim Country Manufacturing G3K barrel and all HK internals and furniture. Then have it built by Gilliebear at PCS.

If you go the clone route you would end up with two great rifles to shoot instead of one. However I know some guys want to have as close to HK factory as they can get. I am sure what ever you decide you will love it.

As others have said which ever route you choose you can have and extended flash hider pinned and welded in place so that you can enjoy the rifle while you are waiting for your form 1 to clear.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Op, I was going thru the same debate on my IB 91 - they talked me down from the ledge and I'm going with the PTR option. I just grabbed a matching IB 93 to complete the family and I'm kind of glad I took everyone's advice. Regardless, good luck and let us know. Matt

·
Premium Member
244 Posts
And here I thought I was the only HK guy here from SE Ohio. I would say keep the HK91 as is and get a PTR K3P from Atlantic.

·
Premium Member
8,632 Posts
I have 2 - one done by Urbach before I had all my own equipment. I still haven't shot it since I got it back about 6 or 7 years ago. And one I built from a ragged out 91 I bought for $1200 about the same time. It had zero bolt gap, and deep roller marks. It kicked like crazy, and was like a fire-hose with a sear. It runs great now, and the only flaws are behind the ejection port where some of the cerakote is dinged up from the ejected brass. It's my favorite .308.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts