HKPRO Forums banner

G3kurz, P2000K, a little help if you can?

2K views 8 replies 7 participants last post by  G3Kurz 
#1 ·
I figured I'd ask G3kurz for some assistance, or anyone else here that has any info. Thanks in advance.
I recently acquired one of this pair of pistols:
H&K P2000 9MM consecutive pair : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com
I have been looking for any info on them I can find and that has been exactly zero. No reference to a K designation anywhere and no others I've seen have the european frame rail. The closest thing I've found is this very early model:
P2000 Subcompact
I did find this one that is date coded the same year as mine, AE, and is only 180 serial numbers later than mine, but is an SK with the normal universal frame rail:
Heckler & Koch P2000 SK 9mm Semi Auto Pistol : Semi Auto Pistols at GunBroker.com
So my main questions are: How many were made like this? How many were brought to the USA? Why were these brought to the US in this configuration?

Thanks again for looking and any assistance is appreciated.

#3 ·
PM Dukeyjoe. He has a Euro P2000 (you have a Euro P2000sk), and he's pretty knowledgeable on them.

#4 · (Edited)
Thanks TGS, jetnspector and I have been kicking this one around for the last couple of days. I spoke with Montrala, one of our European members (and a new Papa) and he had never heard of a P2000K. This leads me to believe that there were design changes between production runs and jetnspector has one of the earliest and unique subcompacts out there. In the subcompact, I believe that HK wanted to do away with the differences between Europe and the US. It just happened somewhere between #64 and #243. All these guns take the same P2000, USPc, and SK mags. Montrala's SK, (a later serial #) has the standardized "US" light rail, not the European proprietary rail like jetnspector's. Even the write-up in the second link above shows that HK was having a bit of an identity crisis in the naming of this pistol series. That pistol shown didn't, even, have a "K". I, too, am interested in what G3kurz has to say. This is just my opinion, based on perceived logic and deductive reasoning, which has been known to come up short every now and again,:wink:

#7 ·
You guys will need to go direct to HK or another SME on this one. Sorry. I am not 100% certain.

I think it is the different accessory rails (closed HK-unique style) on the earlier Euro versions as was the case with the first P2000's versus the later "open" MIL STD 1913-style rail used on the P2000's but I am only guessing. The Germans finally came around to the understanding that the "Picatinny" rail was not just a US fade, it came during the P2000/P2000K development/initial production and they paid for a new mold to make the change. As for how many were brought in I seem to remember the number 500 for the P2000 but the K I don't know.
G3Kurz

#8 · (Edited)
Thanks for the response G3Kurz, I wonder if they were brought into the US as some sort of pre-production evaluation pistols, neither of them had any paperwork- manuals, warranty cards etc. They shipped in the HK hard black cases with a lock and 2 mags, one with the flat base and one with the finger extension, that's it.

#9 ·
Possibly but had they been assigned to the "T&E Pool" they should have been engraved with a "2" to denote they were sold as used guns - but not all were. Most guns from the T&E pool had special markings on the boxes. The box markings look like they were just two SN's sold to a dealer together from the first production lots that came in.
G3Kurz

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.