HKPRO Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
G3Kurz,

It has always been my understanding that HK had little with Benelli shotguns other than importing them. If that is the case, then why is there a Benelli M4 in the HK Grey Room considering the M4 didn't come about until long after Benelli set up shop in the US? And furthermore, what is the story behind the short-barreled Super Black Eagle M4 variant?

·
Registered
765 Posts
When did HK USA's importation of Benelli end? The development process of the M4 completed in 98, with actual productions gearing up in 99.

The only timeline reference I can find for Benelli USA is their ownership by Beretta in 2000. Is that when HK lost the importation deal?

EDIT: a little digging around found this tidbit:
On August 4, 1998, five samples of the M4 were delivered to Aberdeen Proving Ground, Maryland, and after intense testing, the M4 had beaten the competition. In early 1999, ARDEC awarded the M1014 Joint Service Combat Shotgun contract to Heckler & Koch, USA subsidiary for importation of the Benelli M4 Combat Shotgun.

·
Banned
4,248 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When did HK USA's importation of Benelli end? The development process of the M4 completed in 98, with actual productions gearing up in 99.

The only timeline reference I can find for Benelli USA is their ownership by Beretta in 2000. Is that when HK lost the importation deal?
I'm not exactly sure, I thought it was somewhere close to the AWB, so late '94 or early '95 (as post ban).

·
Registered
765 Posts
See the edit to my earlier post.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts